PEAX Equipment

What’s the worst item you’ve lost?

You are not going to like me for saying this Bro, you did not loose it, you shared it with us, every day you gave a huge hunk ...and I know that was hard. If it were not for a You there would not be a Me ! Thank You.

Oh no! That didn't end the hunt, did it?

bow.

Got back to the truck in the dark after a brutally long day chasing mule deer. Set everything on the ground by the door and changed into some comfier shoes, loaded everything in the backseat and drove off, 3 hrs back home. In the morning when I went to unload the truck I didn't see my bow. I frantically drove back up saw fresh tire tracks and no bow. :(

Suck. Not feeling too bad about my Glock now.

New GPS/FishFinder left on a tailgate before driving off. Didn't realize until 400 miles later, so no going back. Hope it survived the fall and somebody got good use of it - as i only had it for that one trip.

My cousins knife Christmas day,was gutting fish along a lake bank and
threw the guts in the water along with my cousins knife he had recieved that morning. :cool:

Lost a big bag of the("Green,Green") on my uncles ranch
Quail hunting.Couldn't find it anywhere!Does that count?Ha! Ha! :cool:

I lost water treatment tabs once on a really long hike that gained over 5000ft elevation. I realized this once I got to the lake at the top of the 10,000 ft peak I was fishing at. With no water and being really thirsty I made The call to just drink from the lake. It was just a bowl on the top of a peak, how dirty could it be? Well, I got giardia. Bad! Ended up in the hospital.

A delorme Inreach on the second day of a 5 day hunt. Wife was real impressed with me when I got ahold of her after the 5 days to tell her I was fine. I told her before I left that if she hadn’t heard from me by day 6 that she should probably send someone. For some reason she still wasn’t happy

Hmmm. Lost two GPS units. One in Colorado one here in Ontario. Lost rattling antlers a few times. A few knives, always be careful you don't bury tool in gut pile.

tried to lose a benelli. left it leaning against a tree while i was picking up garbage around the truck after getting back from an unsuccessful attempt for some blue grouse. luckily the spot was close to town and once I got home and realized I left it, I again frantically drove up there and found it in the dark right where I left it. Both my family, my wife, and my hunting partner have all said that if my head wasn't attached to my shoulders I would have lost it a long time ago. I won't even get into all the small shit I've lost but I've bought enough pocket knives to arm a swiss army.

Not hunting, but the most expensive for me was when I, (by “I”, I mean a intern I was responsible for), lost a 4-Gas O2 meter that cost a little over a grand. Not a fun phone call to have with my boss.

Left a cheapish Bushnell rangefinder in a slough once coyote hunting in January. Went and checked the spot in April and it was still there, about a half foot from being submerged in the swamp, so I guess that doesn’t count as lost cause it still works to this day.

I did however leave a decent enough sized goose spread and my layout blind in a field over night. Came back the next morning and everything was gone. They left my coat, but they even took all the shells out of the shell loops. That was a total ouchie.

Canoeing in BWCA in late May just after ice out and my fixed blade knife slipped out of my pocket into the cold deep. Immediate thought was dive down and grab it and next thought was 35 degree water maybe bad idea. What hasn't rusted away is still on the lake bottom.
I lost an aluminum cast skillet during the fishing opener in voyageurs national park in about 12’ of water. I was returning in August so I decided to leave it. Luckily I was able to retrieve 3 months later.

Rangefinder, knife, binocs. The worst by far was a S&W .40 I left on tailgate and drove off. ☹
Yea some of the guys i hunt with joke that they are just gonna follow me around for a season to revamp their hunting gear. 🤣. I've lost a lot of stuff just ask my dad.

Coolest lost story I have is losing a 2-300 dollar rangefinder archery antelope hunting. A year later I was hunting in the same spot and forgot my new rangefinder in the truck going out that morning. On the way back I found my previously lost rangefinder and a few minutes later used it to range and stick my first archery antelope. Surprisingly it survived the Montana winter in just its leather pouch and had a bit of battery left.

Came home from a day of fishing w/ my buddy, backed in the boat, drank a couple beers while cleaning up the boat. My wife came outside and me and buddy were about to head to the Club to weigh the fish in. She took the plastic grocery bag that had my gps and sweatshirt in it and the plastic grocery bag w/ a few empty beer cans and trash in it...you guessed it...both bags went in the trash...didn't realize it until the next week

I thought of a couple more - spotted some wild rams in ND, was so excited when I parked my car that I knocked my company phone on the gravel, then drove over it after coming back from taking pictures of the sheep. Another time my car keys fell out of my pocket and into a ice fishing hole. Still on lake bottom...

Grandpas hunting knife........ lost it one year went back to the same area and found it. Took it to a local guy that sharpened and cleaned it all up got it back. Should of never took it out again and literally the next hunt I got on a decent mule deer buck got excited and never thought twice about it. I ended up taking the deer and when I reached for the knife I had on my belt it was gone I couldn't believe it, looked for it for a whole day the next day. Never found it again.......... 🤦‍♂️

Last edited:
The canoe we built this summer is specifically for accessing a section of public that I hope is overlooked this fall, I have a great fear of losing my rifle in the water. Planning to take it in the case with a life jacket strapped on to avoid this very thing.

I'd suggest keeping a lock and chain in the canoe or you might have something else to add to this post.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
clamwc
Back