What's on your bow sight for pins/ranges?

Trophy Ridge Alpha V3 with pins set at 20,30, and 40. I only treestand hunt with my bow and I would guess my average shot is 15 yards. I don't have a need or interest to shoot at anything that is more than 40 yards. I'm envious of guys that can shoot 60+ yards.

Black Gold, 7 pin. Right now they are set to 20, 30, 40, 50, 60, 65, 70.

I'm thinking of switching my arrow setup this year and I'll play with the gap settings after I get them tuned.

Spott Hogg 5 pin sight set at 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60. I have practiced back to 80. Like others, shooting at longer ranges shows form or tuning issues. Shooting at far distances is fun, as long as you have a big enough backstop in case things.... don't go as planned! ;-(

Black Gold 5 pin slider, 20, 30, 40, 50, 60. I got the slider a couple years ago, mainly to use to get out further for practice and the occasional 3d shoot. I can go up to 72 yards in my yard so that's about my max yardage practice.

I have an IQ 5-pin set at 20, 30, 40, 50 & 60 yards, I do practice out to 60 on a regular basis, but all of my shots while hunting, have been inside of 30 yards, the woods I hunt are thick, that being said I have one stand with a clear shot out to 48 yards, but in the years of hunting it have never had a deer come thru that way.

I’ve got a Sword, single pin slider of some variety that don’t know the model, I picked it up in a trade about 10 yrs ago. I have the tape marked from 20-85 yards. I practice at all of these distances. I will admit in times past I have killed a couple things with it at unmentionable unethical unadvisable distances (the OP said no judging!) However, most shots I take are sub 20 with 16 yards being my avg shot distance. My preference is spitting distance if possible.

I have a Black Gold 5 pin slider on a Carbon Spyder bottom pin set at 60 the slider goes out farther than I’d like to mention

Another vote for the Black Gold 5-pin slider. 20,30,40,50,60. 50 & 60 pins are the smaller .010 size. I found those better for me when shooting longer distances and having the pin cover the 11/12 ring. I practice year round and shoot several 3D shoots each spring/summer. Main reason for the slider for me. Figured out how to create 2-pins to use for in-between distances just for those outdoor 3D shoots. There will be longer range shots and will use the 60 yard pin with my slider. Just as designed. Sometimes too, those closer-in, in-between range shots needed a precise point otherwise, limbs, leaves etc., would interfere. Adding a mark on the sight to use with the 20-pin would let me be more precise with those closer shots and not just "guess" by splitting pins. This can be used with the 20, 30, 40 and 50 yard pins.

And, as said above, practice out to those longer distances. Those longer shots definitely build your confidence to then take those 40-yard shots while hunting. Although I can shoot 100-yard+ distances during practice and confidently hit a paper plate sized target with every arrow, I limit myself to 50 yards while hunting and even that distance has to be the right conditions. I don't allow myself any exceptions but, that's just me.

Spott Hogg slider. 20, 30, 40, 50. slides to 110. All green in color. top two are .019, bottom two are .010. We practice regularly to 110 with broad heads. Sometimes 125 (level bubble). Makes for good form and good habits at hunting yardages.

Having Greenhorn's problem with vision - thinking about trying clarifier in peep?

My view - only problem is my close range vision is sucking. At early 40s I was 20-20. A decade later I need readers and my pins are big and fuzzy.
View attachment 124387

I too am suffering from the vision problem.

I've been shooting a MBG sight with a 4 pin slider with pins set at 20, 30, 40, 50 using the 50 as a slider but am going to try to a one pin MBG set up with the single pin set at 25 and slide it from there.

With the four pin set up the pins are kind of all blurring together for me so I'm hoping going to a single pin will help that. We shall see, keeping the 4 pins slider on my back up bow in case I don't like the single pin.

Getting old sucks donkey balls!

I've got a SpottHogg 5 pin slider. Pins at 20, 30, 40, 50, and 60, with the tape running out to 116. I practice routinely at 80 yards, because I can shoot that at the house, but have shot out to 110 at foam. Like others have said, practicing at distance makes the short stuff feel really close. I've got a self imposed limit of 50 for the first shot, but know full well that if there's already an arrow in an animal and I have a chance at a follow up, there's gonna be arrows flying.

Had same blurry pins as got older( 56 now)
Few years back went to a peep with a VERIFIER
Lens in it . Huge improvement!! Back to shooting like I did before the old age. And I too practice ( I said practice) a bit beyond a 100 yds.
Start with lowest magnification available and go from there. Big sky archery in 4 corners has some verifiers and a sample tool with magnification differences.

I shoot a spot hog fast eddie single pin also due to fact pins were getting blurry at 56 yrs old and 1st setting is 20 and goes to 100 yrds

I use a trophy ridge 4-pin, 25, 35, 45, 50. First year using a sight of any kind. I practice to 53 yards. Based on my groups I felt confident shooting to 45 under perfect conditions. However, with buck fever my field results were poorer. 2019 ended with 3 misses, one grazed, a scapula hit not recovered, and 3 fatal arrows (the last 3...so there was improvement)

I have a Black Gold 5 pin right now but kinda miss having the single pin for the ability to practice at longer ranges or shoot more extreme 3D shoots. I had a single pin Ascent Verdict but like the basic/clean lines of a 5 pin.

I may go to the new Mountain lite as I like how small it is compared and a bit less clunky, with the ability to have a clean 3 shot pin and then adjust for longer practice and 3d shoots. I wont shoot at an animal at over 50 but nice to be able to play in the off-season at distances.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back