Yeti GOBOX Collection

What's on the smoker today?

A day late....

A benefit if working from home is that I can stretch out my day, start early and finish late, and do things like load the smoker. Yesterday, two pork tenderloins, a good rack of ribs, and some of those monster Costco pork chops. Oh, and a couple of cornish game hens.

That Pit Boss pellet smoker is a nice toy.

David
NM

I’m home at home with a sick kiddo. So I put a turkey breast on the brine last night and smoked this morning at 180, basting every 30 minutes with bourbon, cherry juice, and apple cider vinegar. At 140 degrees I cut into 1x1 chunks and coated in a bbq sauce. Of course I sampled a few of the thinner pieces that were cooked through before coating the rest in the bbq sauce. I cranked the traeger to high and put the turkey chunks on to bark up!

1684944606642.jpeg1684945147227.jpeg1684945191153.jpeg

I’m home at home with a sick kiddo. So I put a turkey breast on the brine last night and smoked this morning at 180, basting every 30 minutes with bourbon, cherry juice, and apple cider vinegar. At 140 degrees I cut into 1x1 chunks and coated in a bbq sauce. Of course I sampled a few of the thinner pieces that were cooked through before coating the rest in the bbq sauce. I cranked the traeger to high and put the turkey chunks on to bark up!

View attachment 277188View attachment 277192View attachment 277193
Turkey burnt ends creative thinking I like it. Gonna have to give that a try.

Back in the game. Wife surprised me with this as a birthday present. Loading it up with ribs & chicken tomorrow, along with either apple, cherry or apricot wood for smoke.

View attachment 277465

I have a same/similar unit. I'm still learning how to dial in my desired temperature and not run too hot.

Putting it together only caused one skinned knuckle, and several moments of confusion of where I'd dropped a nut/bolt/instructions.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Fred Powell Sr
Back