What's on the smoker today?

Had a moron in a sailboat yesterday who motored right into three planer boards (tx44s with big flags up) while we were netting a fish. He ignored screams from us (and screams from his wife), and took out half the spread. Dumbazz was a mile into lake michigan and never looked where he was going at 15-20 knots. His 6 or 8 passengers looked really embarrassed as they took out $200 in gear off one side of the spread. When the fish hit, there wasn't another boat within half a mile. We didnt do a good job of checking as we fought the fish, but at 2.7 mph, there was no need for him to almost take out our boat. Dude never even stopped, just kept motoring toward Chicago. We got all the boards back and one of the spoons, but three reels got spooled.

20230527_072036.jpg

Long story short, all is now right with the world today...
20230528_123213.jpg

Had a moron in a sailboat yesterday who motored right into three planer boards

Having fished Lake Michigan quite a bit, I know your pain. They have the right-of-way in most instances and some of them will go out of their way just to flex that, so dumb. Never had the casualties you had today, but definitely know of what you speak. Grrr….

That loaded grill does make up for it though, that looks primo.

Having fished Lake Michigan quite a bit, I know your pain. They have the right-of-way in most instances and some of them will go out of their way just to flex that, so dumb. Never had the casualties you had today, but definitely know of what you speak. Grrr….

That loaded grill does make up for it though, that looks primo.
Yeah, this clown didn't even have sails up, just running the motor, but I've had interactions with those jokers too. 20 years ago we cleared the pier heads in st joe an hour before daylight, just to find ourselves in the midst of a sailboat race!! Lake had flipped and fish were at the pier heads, but we motored out and got outta that mess.

and we had some briefly smoked then seared elk steaks for dinner last night. after the baby's morning nap we're off to my parents to gorge on chicken wings, hamburgers, and potato chips.

IMG-2257.GIF

the kickoff to summer, green grass and warm temps... and incessant afternoon thunderstorms. memorial day is among the greatest of holiday weekends - thank god for the sacrifices of our men and women. have a great one everybody!

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back