Yeti GOBOX Collection

What's on the smoker today?

Alright I've got a question for you guys. To what internal temp should I smoke a pastrami? Smoker will be set to 225°.
I've got 2 recipes and one says 150° and the other one says 160-165°.
Any suggestions will be appreciated.

Smoked a set of baby backs Tuesday. When I wrapped them i put some of this on there with squeeze butter.
Some of the best ribs I've made.

Sorry no pictures. They did not last long once off the smoker lol

Attachments

• Screenshot_20210225-215847.jpg
    Screenshot_20210225-215847.jpg
    207.8 KB · Views: 0
Made a slab of ribs on the smoker today. overnight rub in the refrigerator before 6hr at 225 F before 3hr at 275 F in apple cider vinegar with a small amount of brown sugar meat-down wrapped in foil. Short rest off the smoker. Really amazing result. Thankful for some clean plates at an early dinner.
Limitation though was the cooler temps outsider which made the true temp in the smoker vary by 20 degrees too hot or too cold during the smoke. I’ve made a wind break with a tarp - haven’t yet invested in an insulated cover/blanket. Hoping to hold out til summer.
Anybody else have fun smoking meat in the cooler temps?
280EE6BC-04E2-435B-9B58-568965F049BF.jpegA3734086-DE0B-42C0-8C90-6253E56B64DE.jpeg

Made a slab of ribs on the smoker today. overnight rub in the refrigerator before 6hr at 225 F before 3hr at 275 F in apple cider vinegar with a small amount of brown sugar meat-down wrapped in foil. Short rest off the smoker. Really amazing result. Thankful for some clean plates at an early dinner.
Limitation though was the cooler temps outsider which made the true temp in the smoker vary by 20 degrees too hot or too cold during the smoke. I’ve made a wind break with a tarp - haven’t yet invested in an insulated cover/blanket. Hoping to hold out til summer.
View attachment 176438View attachment 176439
I just put the smoker in the garage if its windy and crack the door to vent. As far as insulated blanket a mixing blanket wrapped around the smoker with a bungee works just as well. Electric smoker I take it?

I did a pork shoulder last weekend. When it’s cold out I generally set the temp 20 degrees higher and expect it to take longer. This 12lb shoulder took 16 hrs. Overnight temp was in the mid teens. Went through an entire 18lb bag of charcoal and probably 5lbs of wood chunks.40D28653-DF4B-4F6D-878D-21A5127C3270.jpeg1CEE4D2B-920A-485A-80E8-E71B5D026E2E.jpeg

2 slabs of ribs going today. As far as cold and windy goes, I run mine inside our detached garage to help keep the temps steadier. Pure wood burner, no pellets or electricity required! Time to go stoke the fire...

View attachment 176438View attachment 176439
I love doing a long smoke in the winter. One of the primary advantages of the BGE (I’m not a militant “BGE is God!” type, btw) is it holds heat (and moisture) really well and doesn’t seem to be as prone to adverse effects of wind or cold temps.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
bgeary
Back