What's on the smoker today?

Did a test run on 5 lbs of geese. Pepperoni pizza; pepperoni seasoning, italian seasoning, and mozzarella cheese. 25% pork trimmings. Wanted to try something different turned put pretty good. Only 70 pounds to go plus 2 deer.🤦‍♂️
Nick - What kind of casings dis you use for that?

Misses came home with 8 fryer chickens today because, "they were on sale." We're gonna have chicken coming out of our ears.
I get 4 Amish chickens sometimes cause of the sale.

Little lawrys and chili powder stuff em with fresh sage and a onion. little butter...... 350 for 1.5 hours on traeger..... bueno

I get 4 Amish chickens sometimes cause of the sale.

Little lawrys and chili powder stuff em with fresh sage and a onion. little butter...... 350 for 1.5 hours on traeger..... bueno

I like the fresh sage and onion idea, will try one that way.

What would be the best wood pellet to use on backstops. Also and advise on time and internal temperature.

What would be the best wood pellet to use on backstops. Also and advise on time and internal temperature.
Personally I wouldn't smoke backstrap unless I was doing a reverse sear.
For reverse sear, smoker temp around 200-250.
Meat temp about 120-125.
Throw in a smoking hot pan or grill to sear. Will have a finishing temperature of ~135 (medium rare).

Pellet flavor is a personal choice. Personally I prefer nut bearing trees for venison. I mostly use hickory and pecan

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
samcarp
Back