Yeti GOBOX Collection

What's on the smoker today?

15 pounds. We got it for 3.99 a pound though. Great deal. I just can't get real pastrami anywhere anymore. It's lean crap. Basically, lightly smoked roast beef. Yuk. Gotta make it myself. Once done, I freeze them. Easily last a year. However, we tend to eat them much sooner.
I’m going to make elk pastrami next week out of a big sirloin. Dang that stuff is delicious.

Looks good! Nice color to it. Maybe I would have trimmed some of that fat off but then again it helped keep the overall shape squared up. Taste?

Looks good! Nice color to it. Maybe I would have trimmed some of that fat off but then again it helped keep the overall shape squared up. Taste?
Yes, taste. That's why I started making my own. Store bought pastrami is too lean. It's basically roast beef, tastes horrible.

The fat on these provide a ton of moisture and flavor. When preparing to eat, I will steam it in a pressure cooker until internal temp gets near 190 degrees. Then sliced thin and thrown into a cast iron skillet for a bit. Then pile it on fresh homemade buns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back