What's Happening in North Fork?

huntRme

I just landed a job with the US Forest Service in North Fork, Idaho. It looks like I'll be spending the summer there taking care of campgrounds, making new friends (I hope), and doing some fishing (I hope). My son lives down the road in Rexburg, so I'll get to spend a lot more time with him than I have in a long time.

I'll be away from home and will miss half the spring chinook season, and all the summer steelhead season that I was looking forward to. Will have to settle for Idaho trout I guess, but fish are fish, and I'm sure I'll have a good time.

Who here is close by? It would be nice to get together with some friendly natives and wet a line together or trade stories.

You MUST be ex-military.I've applied for some pretty god jobs for the parks service in Mt. and keep getting bumped out by the veterans.They deserve it more then me anyway,but it happens on every decent gov't job.good luck to you,and it sounds like a fun way to make a living

Congrats and Good luck! North Fork's not much more than a gas station by the way, but it's some very neat country. If you're looking to make friends, you might not want to be too overt in who you work for... ;)

I've elk hunted near that and just absolutely love some of that country. A summer spent working/exploring that country surely wouldn't suck.

I am down the road south of Rexburg. I love that country. Should be up Salmon fishing come summer I hope.

Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jaly24
Back