Caribou Gear Tarp

Whats Green, Blue, and Red

Cameron Hunt

Ok, lots of things are.......... But so is the new little guy I just got at the bird farm....... Ya we just got an 8 week old Green Cheeked Conure. I have always wanted to get a parrot, but owning bird dogs it seemed a little risky, and not healthy for either bird or dog. So now that both my dogs are at foster homes in Id. and I am here in Ca. Thought it was a good idea. So after looking through the paper and at petco. We heard about a bird farm here in Redlands. So we made it out there just before closing time sat. and looked at the little guys. There was one that was very calm and loved to be held. So today we made it back just before feeding time to see what that was all about. This lady just pumps the food through these guys like white on rice. So we decided that we would take him home and purchased all the goodies that go along with the cage. After leaving with bird and goodies, we realized how much we saved by going with the bird farm, instead of the common pet stores like petco. I will get some pics of him tomorrow and post to share with you guys.
Any one else here have parrots?

My daughter had one of these

Heres a bird? [cockateel]

Attachments

• 06-05-2006 10;15;43PM.JPG
    06-05-2006 10;15;43PM.JPG
    68.3 KB · Views: 131
Cj, I bought one of them Little Basturds! Everytime he got out, I ended up with Bandaids all over my fingers. They can bite like a shark!! John

Our bird is missing

We have a "suspect" in custody.

Attachments

• 06-06-2006 10;10;14AM.JPG
    06-06-2006 10;10;14AM.JPG
    120.7 KB · Views: 115
Hey guys sorry! Forgot the usb cable for the camera. I will get them on there asap !!!!! He is a smart little guy though. I was off yesterday and spent several hours with him. Ok all day.... In just two days he has learned how to step up. That is when you want him to change fingers or hands or off your shoulder. He gives kisses, and when you say pretty bird ( usually numerous times) He will either stretch out his wings, or ruffle his feathers and start preening himself. Smart little bundle of green. Oh and he found his outside voice today, luckily he was outside with me.

Kama 'A-ina

Native of this land. That is what we have decided to name our bird because he was hatched, or born in Hawaii. After looking for names I found this saying. The natives use this name vary rarely because they feel you have to earn it.
I will get some more later when he is more co-operative, all he wanted to do was hide in the cushions on the couch.
P6070509.JPG

P6070508.JPG

What's black, white, and red and can't get through a revolving door?

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

-

A nun with a spear stuck through her head.

He`s cool looking....somehow I thought he would be bigger... how much bigger will he grow:cool:

Cameron... Jose doesn`t know what a real working Mans hands looks like! .... he`s a paper pusher.:)

CJCJ, he wont get too much bigger in length just fill out a little more. And his feathers will brighten up a little more. Ya we kinda like him..Getting spoiled fast.

Dan you got a love bird? They are cool looking too. Are you going to get him/her a mate? It doesnt look like you have his wings clipped? That can be dangerous outside like that, be careful.

Ya Jose, those are working hands man. Always outdoors, and in the dirt. Well, not in the dirt too much lately. I am kinda spoiled now that I am in the union...

Cameron, I have a host of wild love birds in my yard everyday this time of year. They love to eat the berries that fall from my China Berry tree. It's not unusal to find 15 to 20 of the little buggers crawling around in my grass in the early afternoon..

If you want to learn more, check out this web site.

http://mirror-pole.com/collpage/pf_loveb/pfl_1.htm..

:cool:

Dan, that is awsome man. I guess that would explaine why his wings are not clipped...

The Green Cheeked Conure is about the same size as the Love Birds just not as plump...

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back