What’s better than a Christensen?

lifesupport4u

Considering a new big game rifle and wondering if there is anything better than a Christensen rifle at <$2000.

It seems like they are almost a custom built rifle, blueprinted and made in the US.

What other rifles should I be considering for a mountain rifle? What out there is made in the US and equal or better quality for <$2000.

IDK but I absolutely love my 300win mesa lr. Best shooting rifle I've ever owned. Really wanna get a regular mesa wish they would produce it in 300wsm.

For a mountain/pack rifle I sure like the Barrett's Fieldcraft. Nothing wrong with a Christensen Arms, just heavier. My hunting buddy has a CA and he constantly kills stuff.

"Better" is obviously 100% subjective, but given your budget I'd go Fieldcraft, 3-9 SWFA on the Black Friday sale, and be all set up for your $2,000. Really depends what kind of platform you want. You could be in a nice used custom for $2000 too. I sold a GAP built 7-08 for about that a few years back.

"Better" is obviously 100% subjective, but given your budget I'd go Fieldcraft, 3-9 SWFA on the Black Friday sale, and be all set up for your $2,000. Really depends what kind of platform you want. You could be in a nice used custom for $2000 too. I sold a GAP built 7-08 for about that a few years back.
'Twer I flush enough with money and had the hankering, the above is what I would get. As such, I opted for a Tikka.

Where do they do Black Friday on the fieldcraft? Or is that just for the scope?

Anything else in that price range, and probably an awful lot of what’s available for less.

I like Sako and CZ an awful lot. If you want US made, Nosler and Cooper are great. Remington’s custom shop used to turn out some pretty good stuff, and may still. It doesn’t take too much more than $2k to get a custom action, custom barrel, and McMillan stock.

I've got a Forbes 24B in 280 Rem, on lay a way. It was "previously enjoyed" (aka used).

If you have a smith near you that can chamber, you can pick up a Proof Research barrel for about $500.
Prefit & chambered for $900.

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back