Caribou Gear

Whatever happened to..?

I swear he’s got an alert system that notifies him the moment someone comments something ultra dumb. Like an amber alert chime goes off and it says ATTENTION ATTENTION!

How else do threads get locked before I even get to read the perpetrators word vomit???

What happened to @greenhorn?
Hedgehogged outta his Christy/Greenhorn outfit.

So I was wondering why @greenhorn switched to @hedgehog and then I looked up hedgehog characteristics and it made sense:

In the wild, hedgehogs are solitary animals and they spend most of their time alone except during mating and season. They tend to be shy and wary of people. It takes patience and a gentle hand to form a trusting bond with a hedgehog. Once a bond is established hedgehogs can be quite playful and occasionally cuddly. One hedgehog can absolutely smash an unprotected case of greenie IPAs in very short order.

I don't really understand the members that delete accounts. It's easy to navigate around the BS. I miss the members that have left. Even JLS. mtmuley

part of it is a lot of us find ourselves spending too much time on here while finding little value in it anymore.

like other areas of life if you see those intersections occurring it's usually best to remove those things.

i don't ever plan on deleting mine. but, sometimes i wonder why i haven't.

So I was wondering why @greenhorn switched to @hedgehog and then I looked up hedgehog characteristics and it made sense:

In the wild, hedgehogs are solitary animals and they spend most of their time alone except during mating and season. They tend to be shy and wary of people. It takes patience and a gentle hand to form a trusting bond with a hedgehog. Once a bond is established hedgehogs can be quite playful and occasionally cuddly. One hedgehog can absolutely smash an unprotected case of greenie IPAs in very short order.
Hedgehogs are mostly nocturnal...hence many late night posts. 😄

part of it is a lot of us find ourselves spending too much time on here while finding little value in it anymore.

like other areas of life if you see those intersections occurring it's usually best to remove those things.

i don't ever plan on deleting mine. but, sometimes i wonder why i haven't.
In other words: Cut the arm off instead of twisting it to open a thread.

In the end, to each their own.

And there is two sides. I don't let strangers on the internet bother me to the point of not enjoying an awesome source of hunting information. Just me I guess. mtmuley
You are wise and this forum is what one makes of it. Sometimes it depends on the topic. Not just dwelling on policy discussions and digging around in all the other stuff on here helps.

Just going hunting is even better.

You are wise and this forum is what one makes of it. Sometimes it depends on the topic. Not just dwelling on policy discussions and digging around in all the other stuff on here helps.

Just going hunting is even better.
I don't know how wise I am, but I gain a lot from being a member here. Getting wiser maybe. mtmuley

Yeah. I guess if the site and it's members doesn't fit every personal criteria you feel it needs to, it is time to move on. Maybe to someplace everybody thinks just like you do. mtmuley

Maybe for some.

I think for most it’s just a complete lack intellectual discourse anymore, well exampled by a comment like this.

And with so little of value going on anymore, why waste the brain space and time anymore and just delete the thing and move on?

Maybe we’re all just extra worn out for some reason and the off season has been long? I dunno.

I want keep my ear to the ground on conservation topics, maintain the potential to meet some cool folks. And, I do feel there is still good opportunity to learn here, even if rarely anymore. So, I’m not going anywhere.

But if there no good write ups this fall I’m the hell out of here for sure 😉

My comment? mtmuley

Yes. Taking a shot at the individuals who have left for not being strong enough to take a disagreement and needing to comfort themselves by surrounding themselves with an echo chamber of their preference.

You think that’s why snowy left? Mulecreek? Or why huntingwife never posts anymore? Or why practically every girl besides her that has ever joined has since deleted their account?

Yes. Taking a shot at the individuals who have left for not being strong enough to take a disagreement and needing to comfort themselves by surrounding themselves with an echo chamber of their preference.

You think that’s why snowy left? Mulecreek? Or why huntingwife never posts anymore? Or why practically every girl besides her that has ever joined has since deleted their account?
It wasn't "taking a shot" at anybody. I noticed and have missed members input that choose not to engage. I never implied anyone hasn't been "strong enough". mtmuley

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back