Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

What Ya Changing Up This Year

ERMINE

Last year I hunted solo a lot. This year I'm bringing more friends.

What is everyone else changing up?
New truck, new gear, new spot, what are you excited about this elk season?

Gonna hunt idaho first time (deer&elk), planning on it becoming part of annual trip so hopefully we get in animals. They got a great deal for disabled vets that I plan to take advantage of. THANKS Idaho for offering the discounted tags.

C

I hunted Idaho the last two years for bow season. Killed a cow on last years hunt, what a great deal for the vets. I fall into that category as well and would't have hunted Idaho if they weren't so good to us :)

Good plan dtrkyman! I'm green over here too, pretty addicted though; I'll add I would like to kill a bull this year.

Drew a November whitetail tag in a unit I have never hunted. So my hunting partner and I are doing a weekend scouting trip during the general season in October to get a feel for the area and hopefully narrow down a few sweet spots.

Washington state has some pretty terrible hunts, but NE whitetail hunting in the rut is amazing. We have seen and harvested some big old bucks and it's a very fun hunt.

I found several good saddles and two bench bedding areas the last two falls hunting Montana and I plan to sit down and wait out elk getting pushed through the saddle or setup in dark timber bedding areas before daylight. After opening week I plan to glass more and locate elk before I push through backcountry spooking game.

Went deeper, going longer and adding a couple friends. Had cameras in since june 4th ish and gettinglots of action, just mainly at night. Not saying they arent there in the day but not as much as I want.

drew my 1st cow tag , so no bull hunt in oregon for me this fall, took the last 2 weeks off work of the blacktail season Oct 23 - nov 4th to see if i can get a big buck, have to wait till feb 1st 2017 to fill my cow tag , my cow hunt is Feb 1 through march 31st , im off work on thursday headed up to one of the units i hunt deer and elk in to learn some more of the area for this fall and next spring

I'm introducing a newbie to western mountain hunting in a big way with a elk hunt in NW Wyoming griz country. I drew a great bull tag and he picked up a cow tag. He's been a great student and has really geared up and got ready. We will hunt the archery rut and pick up a rifle in October if we don't score with our bows. Ive gathered some good info & we should do fine.

I also went to floorless shelters with a Seek Outside setup and got a new Long Range Rifle setup complete with a Gunwerks G7 rangefinder. I upgraded my arrows & broadheads and sold all my old backpacks and got a new EXO 3500.

Lotsa changes for me this year.

Actually scouting this year, both with boots on the ground and on the computer. I attacked the mountains last year with a midwest whitetail hunter's mindset and that got me absolutely nowhere except tired and frustrated. I've also suckered a couple friends into this with me, so I won't be going solo. Gonna get the bow set up and give that a shot this year before all the rifle hunting blows the elk out into the gnarly stuff, hopefully.

First time in a new unit with a new rangefinder and a new gun!

Antelope tags in 2 new areas and a cow tag in another. I may even get a new truck because I don't want my new binoculars to get dirty

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CheyenneKennedy
Back