Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What would you do???

Also could have been a state or university research project that had acquired the permits to bait for a specific reason. Wasn't the case in this instance, but not uncommon and something to think about before you start tampering.
I thought about that, but then thought if it was a project for state or university they could of sprung for a $75 moultrie instead of the stone age camera setup. And possibly put a sign saying it was for research please dont tamper.

I thought about that, but then thought if it was a project for state or university they could of sprung for a $75 moultrie instead of the stone age camera setup. And possibly put a sign saying it was for research please dont tamper.

That stone age camera setup was most likely WAY higher quality than a $75 moutrie. A lot of folks that are big time into trail cameras build their own and get better quality pictures and motion sensing ability than just about any of the commercially available setups. There are forums on the internet dedicated just to folks building them. Generally called "homebrew cameras".

Generally called "homebrew cameras
First time I have ever seen or heard such a thing. Pretty neat actually. This one didnt exactly have quality pics tho. But I see how you could rig one to get really nice pictures now.

All the guys responding that he had no right pulling the camera... that’s bullshit. This person gives hunters and our community a bad look. He’s at best baiting or at worst poaching... the one thing we should rally around is damning people breaking laws which govern our ability to do the things we love, go outdoors and hunt the animals we love. People like this ruin our ability to portray that what we do as a community improves wildlife...

All the guys responding that he had no right pulling the camera... that’s bullshit. This person gives hunters and our community a bad look. He’s at best baiting or at worst poaching... the one thing we should rally around is damning people breaking laws which govern our ability to do the things we love, go outdoors and hunt the animals we love. People like this ruin our ability to portray that what we do as a community improves wildlife...
Amen buddy, but now prepare to be shamed! Lol

1. It's not his.
2. Taking it isn't going to help the CO catch anybody, all it does is tip the guy off

1. It's not his.
2. Taking it isn't going to help the CO catch anybody, all it does is tip the guy off
Well the CO didnt seem to think that way. But were all entitled to an opinion that's why I asked the question. I was thanked multiple times by multiple people leaving the fish and game office today.

Well the CO didnt seem to think that way. But were all entitled to an opinion that's why I asked the question. I was thanked multiple times by multiple people leaving the fish and game office today.

I'm sure they were glad you reported it. JMO, but tipping a guy off doesn't help them to catch him.

i wouldnt hav taken the camera , but i would hav pulled the card to read it on my chip reader to see what pics he got then put it back and left the area and called fish and game, in oregon its legal to bait deer as far as i know

Picture of guy on the camera probably helped to.

I'm sure it did. I can guarantee you it would be cleaner in court if the CO was the one who pulled the card from the camera at the bait site.

It is what it is, and this is just my opinion. Worth what you paid for it.

Kudos for taking the time and effort to report the guy.

I agree with what others are saying, I probably would have left the camera and allowed law enforcement to deal with it.

My concern is that by you taking the camera it would negatively influence their ability to prosecute the case. The guy could claim that you took his camera from somewhere else and the corn wasn't his? I could certainly envision a scenario where a less than friendly LEO would charge you for theft. Thankfully that's not the case here. I'm not trying to bust your balls, I'm just saying what I would have done.

I would have taken off all my clothes and squated down while pretended to eat the corn. It wouldn't be the first trail cam to capture a photo of the elusive, great white bearded sasquatch.

Yeti GOBOX Collection

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gcporteous
Back