What would you do????

That would have been a dead bull for me, or as Big Fin said, I'm shooting anyway. I have elk and Moose in the freezer already this year, but I know plenty of people who would take elk meat off my hand if I had extra.

first day, last day or inbetween...KABOOOOOM...like BF and goldtip said...cant say it'd be down...but I'd be shootin til it was or I heard 'click'

May I join you in a bowl of tag stew?
If last day, on way out, hour of shooting light left; I would think seriously about cashing in my NR tag and hours and hours of driving and expense for some meat....but still might let him walk for someone else when he is better next year.

Since I have an elk in the freezer already this year, I wanted one for the wall or nothing. So I passed on this guy. And that's exactly what I got, NOTHING. Tag soup doesn't taste very good.

Since I know what tag soup tastes like this year...the best part is you got to hunt an extra two days! I keep telling myself that the extra hunting was worth the passed shot but my tag soup has turned into a case of reflux! I'm shooting next time!

Depends on the scenario. If there's meat in my freezer and I'm in the right frame of mind I'd let him walk. If the freezer was low or I felt like I wanted to kill him.... It just depends what makes me happy at the time.

I'm learning that you can Always BUY meat later.... Keep hunting and go after what you went there for. I'm still getting that BEAT into me after hunting with IDBugler. Sometimes when you wait it's worth it... sometimes it's not. But if you pull the trigger on the little ones the big ones never die :D

When IDBugler and I go back to Wyoming Next year, and we will..... because I'm going to draw.. ;) I'd pass on that bull the last day of the hunt.

In Idaho, I'd kill it opening morning :D

I'd pass, you said there was a ridge involved that would require packing that critter over and out and I'm feeling a bit tired. Besides next year he will be bigger...if the wolves don't get him.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
troutflys
Back