Yeti GOBOX Collection

What to do with the yotes you shoot?

What do y'all do with yotes when you shoot one?

• Save the pelt & keep it for personal use

Votes: 30 30.0%
  • Save the pelt and sell it (eventually)

Votes: 33 33.0%
  • Taxidermy the whole critter

Votes: 1 1.0%
  • Leave it where it lay. Yotes are varmints & full of fleas, yuck!

Votes: 36 36.0%

• Total voters
Stretched and dried here too.
Even at $25 we'll put them up and sell them.

Not near as successful on the trap line as brockel though. Nice work !

Growing up my dad’s neighbor was a trapper till the market crashed. He still called and trapped for fun most of the winter, but would just put all his hides in the attic. Before the market crashed 3-10 coyotes were hanging from his fence every morning. After the crash he’d go call a couple times a month, and maybe run a handful of traps a few weeks a year. He had winch attached to stainless steel table and would skin them in a few minutes each. It was cool to watch as a kid. How long it took him to completely process them I do not know. After the crash he said every time the market would hit $30 he would sell enough boxes out of the attic to make room for the next few years’ pelts. Not so many years ago he retired from plumbing and got into buying furs and taking them to the auction himself. He showed me over 300 bobcats stretching in a drying room. When it was all over he said he hardly made anything. He introduced my dad and I to calling coyotes. There’s not much like seeing one come in to a call.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back