What to do: dealing with a a-hole

Man that is rough - pretty much a dick move but probably best bet is to just move on. You could definitely try to get to your spot early and hunt it as well.

Bloodied Nock - does that mean he is done for the season or is it likely he has multiple tags?

OP, the guy you described is like half the public land hunters in MN based on my experience of hunting there in the 90’s and 00’s. I’ve had run ins more often than not, especially when it comes to rifle deer season.

Suggestions: hunt somewhere generally inaccessible and don’t even think about leaving personal property on public land (camera, treestand, etc). Hate to say it, but otherwise you are just asking for trouble.

This is an awesome thread! Loosen some bolts on your tree stand? In the spirit of the Vaseline… grease the pegs. Sneak in with a paint ball gun when he’s in your stand and unleash on him. Notch the tree. Put tacks in your seat with a rare flesh eating virus on them. Maybe a blend of all these…

Is cutting firewood permitted on public land where you are? If so I would be out “preparing for winter” and running the nuts off my chainsaw everyday that I seen his truck parked there.
Or just go hunting instead.

I’d just hunt my stand early provided it is legally places and there is good enough prospects to justify my time there.

Personally, I’d just go find a different spot to hunt. That being said, I’d laugh at and support anything you do to him or his property….short of murder of course.

Drivers door is a good place to lean against for an early morning dump...on the ground,just outside the door. Just sayin'...
All the posts earlier in the week about hank being a nice helpful guy and hank says” hold my beer”!!! I laughed out loud when I read this!

I only read the first page. Some of the comments are cute. I’d just move my stand. I don’t want to be around ANYONE when I’m hunting and no animal is worth a confrontation on PUBLIC land where others have as much right to be as you. If this was private land and this dude was trespassing, then that’s a completely different story. Don’t pull any pranks, cut any tires, or sabotage his stand or hunt. That’s just childish crap. Just pull your stand and find a better spot.

I'd confront him and tell him he is an asshole and that he should quit stealing my stuff. In my mind, there is no point in complaining if I wouldn't confront the person. I am a confrontational person when I have to be, but do not enjoy it.

Then I'd either get there earlier than him or go hunt somewhere else.

Back