Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What Tires Should I Put on my Truck?

Resurrecting this thread since I'm shopping tires again. Did the newberg team end up liking the AT3? I'm torn between them and the duratrac. The duratrac seems a bit overkill but I'm not exactly an off road enthusiast so might need the help. Would u still like the AT3 if u couldn't use chains for some reason?

Yes, I was impressed with them. Not as aggressive as some tread designs, but did good in Utah mud and the ice in Montana and Wyoming. I am sure there is a "best tire" for each of those conditions I mention, but this one is a very good for a variety of applications, and quiet on the highway. Could do better in grainy snow, such as this time of year, but I suspect many tires could get lower grades in that crap.

I had 265 coppers a decade ago. ATV rack on,bed, 2 ATV, 28ft bumper pull behind.

Tread separated coming out of Evanston. Ripped ass end out of truck, shot tire through front of trailer, and things went real western getting her to a stop.

2 week old tires. Cooper had a recall on the 285, for tread separation, but not 265 from same plant.

Needless to say, Coppers are a sore spot with me.

I've liked my Toyo AT on my 1 ton, first set with about 10k on them, so no long term

I really liked duratracs for about 37k, but once they start to go, they go rapidly.

Hell. Fin is driving a mall crawler now. Aren't they supposed to run those 20"wide tires with 2" sidewalls? (Yes, Randy you bought a Ford. You deserve the ribbing)

Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
NMArcheryCoues24
Back