PEAX Equipment

What “Stay at Home”.....(Safe) Cocktail are you drinking?

How do you like the Bookers? I brought that out after my brother arrowed his first elk a few yrs back. He loved it
It’s a sipping bourbon. It’s warm 120 proof. Bakers is better as far as a true drinking bourbon. It’s the 96 or so proof and sweeter.

It’s a sipping bourbon. It’s warm 120 proof. Bakers is better as far as a true drinking bourbon. It’s the 96 or so proof and sweeter.
With barrel proof whiskey, there’s some variance on the proof of any given barrel/bottle. I currently have one Bookers that’s 130.8 (almost gone :() and another full one that’s 127.2. The highest Bookers I’ve had is 132. It’s the best sipping whiskey I’ve had, especially on cold days. It warms the soul without the courseness or throat burning like many high octane liquors. It’s too good to cut it with anything. Just pour it in a brandy sniffer and enjoy!
634003B0-F9ED-4465-BBAE-2DB66DB46AAC.jpeg

Lord Calvert (or whatever whiskey) with water.
Lord Calvert now that will make you grab a 338 and fire a few rounds into the fire place. Well I guess only if in alaska and drinking with old friends

Pretty cool provenance factor...

Jefferson's Ocean Aged At Sea Bourbon is matured in American oak casks for approximately seven to eight years on land, before the casks are placed on a ship and allowed to rest for another five to ten months at sea.

It was opened last weekend for a little friend get together by the bonfire and it’s now gone. Pretty damn good.

@Wildabeast you sell the empty bottle to stoners afterwards? Decent plan to recoup costs imo.
That can be arranged! I currently have 2 75ml and 2 1.5l (mostly full) bottles. Willet is such a smooth drinker that it’s one I typically drink neat vs mixed with anything. So it tends to last longer. Happy to polish one off over the holiday weekend though if someone wants an empty bottle. 🥃🤩

I have been mixing up a lot of rum blender drinks for the family. My poison is a pint glass with ice, a double shot of Stoli, squeeze half an orange, fill with soda water and shake.

Almost the same as I do, but I've never done it with orange. For now I'm gonna try it as well, thanks. By the way, what exact blender do you use for cocktails? I want to get a one new, and here is what I found ( weblink), some great comparison facts about two different blenders with all the pros and cons. Do you think that blender means a lot in a process of making cocktails?

Last edited:
All of the political threads have driven me back to drinking. One of my go-to’s is a simple fresh margarita. 3 parts good blanco tequila, 2 parts fresh squeezed lime juice, 1 part some combination of simple syrup, triple sec, Cointreau, Gran Marnier, etc. Put it in a skater with ice, strain and serve like a martini.

Had some blueberries approaching the end of their usefulness, so I decided to thro a handful of those in the shaker With the usual mix to see how it would turn out. Even a blind squirrel finds a but every now and then. 5D7214A3-316E-4928-A6F7-7D8FB8E3B6FF.jpegThis one is a keeper!

Single malt scotch with a splash of water or ice (currently working on a bottle of Glen Scotia)
Rum with a splash of water or ice (currently a bottle of 5yo beenleigh rum)

Keep it simple!

If I do go for a cocktail I generally drink a whisky sour. I reckon I'd like an old fashioned done well but haven't had that experience so far.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Rifleman270
Back