What should I do with my cat? poll

Leave the cat at my house or take her to the parents.

• Take her to the parents

Votes: 18 58.1%
  • Leave her at home

Votes: 13 41.9%

• Total voters
My wife and I pay someone trustworthy to stay at our house and take care of the cat and dog when we’re gone for extended periods of time.
This is your best option if possible. If this can’t work for you, take the cat to your parents. Don’t leave it alone that long with someone only feeding and changing the box. I love cats and dogs. We have 2 of each.

When we were camping at a NF campground in da U.p. last year I kept hearing a beeping noise all day long. Then on the 2nd or 3rd day I saw the neighbor walking his cat and it all made sense. The guy put a beeper collar on his cat and let it roam around the campsite all day. At night it slept on the dash of their Mercedes’ van.

When we were camping at a NF campground in da U.p. last year I kept hearing a beeping noise all day long. Then on the 2nd or 3rd day I saw the neighbor walking his cat and it all made sense. The guy put a beeper collar on his cat and let it roam around the campsite all day. At night it slept on the dash of their Mercedes’ van.
Sometimes a neighbor cat will stroll across the street while Finn is in the yard with me, with a big “FU and the horse you rode in on” look. I wonder if they can feel the Grim Reaper floating over them while Finn is burning holes in them with his stare.

Sometimes a neighbor cat will stroll across the street while Finn is in the yard with me, with a big “FU and the horse you rode in on” look. I wonder if they can feel the Grim Reaper floating over them while Finn is burning holes in them with his stare.
I only have 2 neighbors and they both live a mile away in opposite directions so the only cats I see are feral. A .17hmr does nicely on those.

For a few days or maybe a week? I'd say leave it home and have people come by. Anything longer than that, leave the cat with someone or bring it with you if feasible.

My cats are pretty chill and I do love them as much as I've ever loved a dog. They are good pets when you're not an asshole to them.

Take it with you. I'd take my dog elk hunting if she wasent such a nimkapoop. I take her everywhere I go most of the time. May take her on some mini ski trips next year.

I don’t like or know anything about cats but your concern about the cat darting out may be a real one. My sister in law has cats. When we all go to her place and her parents are there, they cannot keep a door closed. Out to the car to grab something… door wide open. Get distracted while out there and take a 10 minute phone call… door still wide open. Not saying this is your parents, but worth considering.

Drop
I’m hoping to spend 2-3 months on the road this winter and I’m kinda freaking out about what to do with my cat.

Option one is leaving her at my house alone and having friends and family come over to check on her for 15-20min a day.

Option 2 is leaving her with my parents.
My parents have two English bulldogs and a yorkie that I’m kinda worried about messing with her.
I’m also kinda worried about her making a break for it out their door and the rents not putting forth a proper effort to go look for my best good friend if she gets out in the night or something.
The obvious benefit of the parents house is that she’ll get more social interaction but I’m afraid she might not like the vibe of the parents house with all the dogs.

What do you guys think?
drop back 5yds and punt! 💥

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back