What say you.

Really liked the Jones article.
Lewton does seem like somewhat of a shady guy, but FWP really screwed the pooch on this one.

HE DID NOT HAVE TO GO DOWN THIS WAY!!!!
"JG" and the MFW&P should be charged!!! The only thing they have charged the poachers with is tresspass and guiding without a license! The SOB Agent could have arrested them on those charges before he shot the Ram! This sucks BEEG TIME!!!
How much did this stupid murder of a Ram cost the State on auction tags??? They probably had the Ram nicknamed and could have used pics to promote the bids in the Breaks, BUT NO!!! A Wildlife Officier murdered him!!!! GMAFB !!!
You residents can celebrate! This is one NR you wont have to compete with again and I will no longer kill your Elk, Muleys, whitetail, Sharptail, Pheasnats or catch your Rainbows and Browns. Hope your license doesn't go up !!
I haved fished from Yellowstone NP and all the Three Forks and many other streams. I have hunted from the Sun and Bob and Scapegoat to Westby and the Baker area. Your G&F is non-Independent and it's policies are controlled by your State Legislature who is controlled by the Cattlemen's Assoc and ranchers in bed with the Ourfitters Assoc who buys them. No Mas!
I love Montana but when I come again , it will be to visit friends in Bozeman, Libby and Wolf Point! Not to hunt! The State AG needs to do a full investigation of MGF&P !!

Last edited:
I wish the sheep wasn't killed, but four years of work for two misdemeanors would not make much sense either.

BTW, the Gov Tag went for $195K last year and $245 this year. Maybe the shooting of the ram caused the 25% increase for 2009.;)

I guess I did get a little carried away by this incident.....without even bringing up Bison, FW&P and Livestock Dept....
I will still probably try to kill some of your Pheasants and grouse on my way to SK and maybe even kill a few trout!
Love your beautiful State and the people.....wonder about your Senators sometimes tho...

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back