What rifle would you choose?

KY264WIN

I have several rifles already but just have the itch again... I love the Winchester extreme weather 264 topped with VX-6 3-18 However, I want a 300 wsm to add to the bunch. Considerations are as follows.

Winchester extreme weather
Montana rifle company
Nosler Liberty/Patriot
Kimber Montana

I like the Noslers. But I'm not a CRF fan. Bad press on the Kimber and MRCs is scary. mtmuley

I really like the look and feel of the winchester. It feels more like a custom gun than a production. I really like the feel of the kimber but it sure has some bad reviews out there. It seems to be really good or realky bad with no in between. Im nit as familiar with the others. The nosler appears to be a great rifle.

Kimbers Montana's are for suckers or gamblers.
I was a sucker and got a 1-1/2" rifle for $1,000 when I fed it by hand. It would jam on the feed shoe if I cycled the bolt. A friends Kimber did the exact same thing.
If I was spending over $1,500 I'd do my own off a Remington action.

I thought i wanted a winchester EW in 7-08. I started doing some reading and the winchester has some awful reviews in terms of accuracy on multiple boards.

Nosler would probably get the nod from me.

I have a winchester extreme weather 7mm and love it. My question to you why not a 300 win mag. Easier to find ammo. If I was looking for another rifle and money wasn't a problem my choice would be a Proof Research 300 wm. My son has one and I have to say I'm very impressed with the craftsmanship, weight of the setup, and most of all the accuracy!

Not sure what' so scary about a MRC. I have nothing but good experiences with mine. Smooth, accurate, looks good.

love my mrc but heard some bad stuff about customer service lately, from what i've seen for the past couple years kimber has stepped up on the quality and accuracy, but if you don't want to have any worries then you can't go wrong with a winchester. don't really know too much about the nosler rifles but haven't heard anything bad about them.

Based on the list of options you provided, my suggestion would be determined by how much of a premium you place on light weight of the rifle. If weight (or lack thereof) is a big concern, Kimber hands down. If not, I'd probably suggest a MRC with Win as #2 as I like the stock & trigger better on the MRC. The Nosler would a good "mid-weight" and what I would suggest if you didn't know how much weight was a concern. :D

PS- I'm even more wishy-washy picking restaurants with my wife. ;)

What about a Browning X-Bolt? I love mine! My friend has one in 300wsm and loves it, never had any cycling issues, which I believe some rifles have issues when dealing with the short mags.

What about a Browning X-Bolt? I love mine! My friend has one in 300wsm and loves it, never had any cycling issues, which I believe some rifles have issues when dealing with the short mags.

Agreed, I bought my Xbolt Hills canyon after much debate and looking. Not unhappy one bit.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
gatrophyhunter
Back