Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What not to say on the answering machine...

What's an answering machine? 😉

Seriously though last time I lived in a house with a landline was 15 years ago before I went to college.

wilm1313. I wonder if I am the only one on the forum who still remembers, both party lines and the phone on the wall with a crank. You didn't dial, you got an operator for each call, you also didn't answer the phone unless it was your ring. Two shorts and a long was us, if it was anything else but that, the call belong to someone in a different home. Of course every party line had at least one person who listened to all called to every home. Answering machine ???????

teej89. my 35 year old granddaughter is currently with me and her response, not mine, was---grandma, remember when granddad use to say " I am not touching that with a ten foot pole" when someone said something that might be taken in a different way.

I have never had a cell phone in my name, but admittedly my children got me one, but I still have never sent a text----How many people here have never sent a text----I bet not Brent, not Harley, Not Ben Lamb, Not Big Fin, Not Hunting Wife, Not VikingGuy

Maybe-Dirt Clod (-:

You must be joking April...my kids nor my wife rarely answer their cells but they'll text about anything. They have persistently nudged me into the tech age.
#techshaming

wilm1313. I wonder if I am the only one on the forum who still remembers, both party lines and the phone on the wall with a crank. You didn't dial, you got an operator for each call, you also didn't answer the phone unless it was your ring. Two shorts and a long was us, if it was anything else but that, the call belong to someone in a different home. Of course every party line had at least one person who listened to all called to every home. Answering machine ???????

teej89. my 35 year old granddaughter is currently with me and her response, not mine, was---grandma, remember when granddad use to say " I am not touching that with a ten foot pole" when someone said something that might be taken in a different way.

I have never had a cell phone in my name, but admittedly my children got me one, but I still have never sent a text----How many people here have never sent a text----I bet not Brent, not Harley, Not Ben Lamb, Not Big Fin, Not Hunting Wife, Not VikingGuy

Maybe-Dirt Clod (-:
I had to text for work to send and recieve my work orders.Yep I done it.
And yes ,when I was very young we had a party line which I listened to all the time. 😈 🔥

About 3 years ago I went and test drove a truck.
A few days later the salesman called to follow up...
My iPhone transcribed his message as saying “ Hey Riley, my big dick is here at the dealership, if you decide to come back and take it out again or bring it home, this dick will be here waiting for you but I can’t guarantee it will last long”

I texted him a screenshot of the transcription and we laughed about it.
I should have taken full advantage of the #poundmetoo movement and got a few hundred thousand out of Ford.

MTGOMER----LOL, funny. Just recently I ask my granddaughter who she was talking to and she said she was sending a text---Ah, o.k. I had no clue.

dirt clod, in reference to our private conversation . As you know I am one of those "OLD" people, cut us a little slack LOL

harley #techshaming--is that is like body shaming, if so, thats me. I dont know tech and my body went south years ago (-: BTW Harley, loved the picture of your tree.

About 3 years ago I went and test drove a truck.
A few days later the salesman called to follow up...
My iPhone transcribed his message as saying “ Hey Riley, my big dick is here at the dealership, if you decide to come back and take it out again or bring it home, this dick will be here waiting for you but I can’t guarantee it will last long”

I texted him a screenshot of the transcription and we laughed about it.
I should have taken full advantage of the #poundmetoo movement and got a few hundred thousand out of Ford.
lol is a greatly overused phrase. But I laughed loud enough they guy next to me asked what was so funny.

Honestly I hadn't even heard of a party line until I moved to Montana.

Even though I have my phone with me 24/7 I still wish cell phones had never been invented. Party-lines were a real pain when one of your neighbors had teenage daughters, at times you simply had to interrupt their call and ask if you could please use the phone. Then when you were on a call they repeatedly kept picking up to see if you were off the line yet. My wife got upset with me once for changing our out-going answering message to me saying, 'Hello? ...... Hello? ....... speak up I can't hear you ..... I still can't hear you ....... oh, I guess it's because we're not here.'

Yes @Europe, I text way more than I talk on the phone. A matter of necessity that became a convenience and is now an addiction. 😬 Still the only way to contact someone when I’m out working and only have one bar though.

I do remember party lines, but it was before I really spent much time on the phone.

I remember looking up my friends' parents' phone numbers in a phone book before calling on the landline. The cool richy kids had a second line under their regular landline called a "teen line." The caller ID thing that mounted on the wall by the phone seemed like a nifty thing too at the time. Wasn't that long ago (90s) but seems super foreign now.

Maybe-Dirt Clod (-:

I'm sorry April. You lose on that one. I know. Now your image of me has been crushed. Man, I'm in the doghouse now. :)

But if you did take a text, and I had your number, I would have sent you this picture last Sunday. See what you missed? :)

9cpQdgT.jpg

Last edited:
Bighornram, without a doubt. I was always amazed that a father would say that to a daughter, answering service or in person

wilm1313 Ref party line---LOL Neffa3, sorry couldn't resist

Greenhorn, (-; I guess I could just have hit "like"

fishing for sanity, I like it but I have an ornery streak in me

Hunting wife. That happened to me when we were sailing and one of my shipmates said she had no bars and I ask her what are you talking about. That was my introduction to "bars" (-;

madtom. One of my great grandchildren ask me once if I had ever used a phone booth (-:

harley----???????? your last post on this thread

Brent, and you would be correct !!!!! That picture is PERFECT. Love it Thank you!!!

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Lucafu1
Back