What Kind of a Pot Do You Use For Cooking Skulls?

If you have a Feed store that carries Crystalyx Cattle supplements in Steel drums, those are basically 1/2 a 55 gallon barrel. Usually around $10 deposit.

102210105401_g-marketing-materials-crystalyx-logos-general-embossed-barrel--hi-res.26673522_std.jpg

Bling factor, ftw!

Without the bling, this is along the same line as I have... I have to say though, it's sat a few years now - believe my wife has turned it into a planter box for some annuals.

These guys sent me one of their "Bridger Boiler" systems to try this season. I am impressed. I used for my bull this weekend. Way easier than pots and burner stands I've always used in the past. More expensive, for sure. I'll be sending them a check this week, as I want to own it, not just try it. It all fits inside the boiling box, is very sturdy, cleans up easy, and has adjustments for how far down you want the skull. Waiting for feedback from the rest of our crew who is trying it this week, but I suspect they will have the same opinion.

Link here - https://bridgerboiler.com/

An unnamed Hunt Talker has a custom setup like nothing I've ever seen. I think one of his family members who is a steel fabricator made it for him. Maybe he will chime in. Can't imagine the cost to commercially produce what he has, but I suspect it would be a very expensive, albeit a bomb-proof solution that would be the envy of even those in the commercial euro skull business.

Between me and my crew, we do 10+ euros each season. We've always used the galvanized pot on a burner and adjusted the level/depth with all different devices and schemes. Sometimes I am too busy between trips and I hire folks to do them, all of whom seem to us a similar set up as those images shown here.

These guys sent me one of their "Bridger Boiler" systems to try this season. I am impressed. I used for my bull this weekend. Way easier than pots and burner stands I've always used in the past. More expensive, for sure. I'll be sending them a check this week, as I want to own it, not just try it. It all fits inside the boiling box, is very sturdy, cleans up easy, and has adjustments for how far down you want the skull. Waiting for feedback from the rest of our crew who is trying it this week, but I suspect they will have the same opinion.

An unnamed Hunt Talker has a custom setup like nothing I've ever seen. I think one of his family members who is a steel fabricator made it for him. Maybe he will chime in. Can't imagine the cost to commercially produce what he has, but I suspect it would be a very expensive, albeit a bomb-proof solution that would be the envy of even those in the commercial euro skull business.

Between me and my crew, we do 10+ euros each season. We've always used the galvanized pot on a burner and adjusted the level/depth with all different devices and schemes. Sometimes I am too busy between trips and I hire folks to do them, all of whom seem to us a similar set up as those images shown here.

Pics or it didn’t happen!

I have been trying to find this product after seeing pictures of it posted on social media. Thank you for sharing! I think I will be sending them a check as well!

i've only done whitetails, but what do you guys use to protect the antler bases; I've tried saran wrap and tin foil with little success; I will try the stick to method to help "stand-up" the skull more

I just got a cheap cook pot from the dollar store it fits deer just fine. If my wife's giving me crap because a shot a boiler instead of a shoulder mount I use one of hers.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back