Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

What is your favorite shotgun?

Nemont

I have used and continue to use an old beat up Rem 870 to shoot waterfowl but also have a BenelliSBE I use occasionally, when it isn't too cold out. I am curious what everyone else is shooting these days?

Post up.

Nemont

I like my old mossberg 835, it serves many purposes,
#1 shotgun
#2 boat paddle, or anchor
#3 club For wacking moosies wounded geese, (see video from opening day)
#4 shovel For digging blinds
Great all around shotgun,
One word of caution.....do not shoot the 3 1/2 in mags with heavy shot such as bb while laying flat on your back at geese or duck flying over. I guarantee you wont shoot twice:( :eek:

SP-10 for "sky carp"
Beretta 391 12 for ducks
Mossberg 835 12 for turkeys
Beretta Silver Pigeon 28 ga for doves,quail
WD

I "personally" bought my 1st shotgun, from paper-route money, when I was 13. A used Mossberg 500 20 ga. I carried it for many years.

These daze, I carry a Mossberg 500. I added a 12 ga.

That shotgun is simple, reliable, and has never let me down.

The two I use more than any other are a Rem. Wingmaster 870 circa 1976 and a Beretta 303A circa 1987. These were the first two firearms that I ever bought new in the box and the are still drawing feathers to date!

I have two favorites....Rem. 870 mag and the gun from my youth...Harrington and Richardson ultra light sinlge shot 12 gauge...

A model 500 Mossberg synthetic stock for brush-busting quail, an Ithaca Model 37 for general duty and a Browning Citori Lightning Grade VII for dove shoots and other occasions calling for class. ;)

Camo Winchester SuperX2, and for a nice quiet walk in the grouse woods I will take my Dad's old JC Higgins pump, not too much to look at, but it's full of memories....
Nemont, why do you leave the Benilli home when it's cold out? For $1000+ those things should be foolproof. My hunting partner has the newest SBE with the little grippies on the stock and that thing was flawless all last fall and winter, even at -10 degrees......

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Brutus56
Back