What is the dumbest thing that someone has ever asked/said while you were hunting?

Three of us college guys went elk hunting in the mountains of Montana. Fresh snow fall and each of us went a different direction. We hunted for the day and then stopped by the Mint for a steak and beer. Sitting around talking the city guy says he has one question, “ how come the elk tracks split up when they go around the trees”?

We spent most of the meal trying to figure out what he was talking about.

I had just climbed up from the creek after washing the blood off my hands. A pickup pulled up with two "hunters." They asked if I had had any luck. I just opened up the back of my pickup so they could see my buck. The driver got a puzzled look on his face and asked, "What did you do, crawl around in the brush or something?" Like getting out of the truck was some sort of incomprehensive concept.

When I was a young buck, I took people on horse rides in Teton National Park.

I've heard a few doozies! A couple that stand out:

When do deer turn into elk?
When do they let animals out?

Yep... So far fetched it's hard to believe.

What is the dumbest thing that someone has ever asked/said while you were hunting?​

"Hey! I think these are shrooms we can eat!"

When I was a young buck, I took people on horse rides in Teton National Park.

I've heard a few doozies! A couple that stand out:

When do deer turn into elk?
When do they let animals out?

Yep... So far fetched it's hard to believe.

What is the dumbest thing that someone has ever asked/said while you were hunting?​

"Hey! I think these are shrooms we can eat!"
If you found those shrooms in the Hate/Ashbury district
go ahead eat em', you will have a GREAT day!! 💥 :cool:

We hunted a Walk in area in WY a few years back. We got to the parking area and I could see a truck sitting up on a rise about 200 yards from the gate. Hmmm?

We walk up to find this dude sitting in a camp chair next to his truck sound asleep with a rifle across his lap.

I figured:
a) this nuckle head couldn’t even walk 200 yards- he had to drive in against the regs- which bothered me.
b) he was sound asleep so it’s not like he was really hunting anyway.
c) if we continued on he’d have no idea we were out there hunting and I don’t want to get shot.
d) we’re not all renting space in this guys world.

…so I woke him up with a couple “excuse me’s” and he almost fell out of his chair. I told him we were walking out that away over the ridge-just FYI. Don’t shoot us.

He looked me dead in the eye and said “actually I’d prefer not, I’m hunting here this is my spot”.

Ha!!!!

Was just getting back to my truck while elk hunting in the Gila. 2 Texans rolled up in a truck and started jabbering about how bad the hunting was. I said the rut seemed to slow the last couple days and the one guy said quote "we hunted all the way to Reserve and back and didn't even see a coyote" Reserve was the nearest town, about 30 miles away. frigging road hunters

“We call them piss bucks”

When he shot one the next day, we ask “is that a piss buck?”
We all had a big laugh when he said that it was, in fact, a piss buck.

Well not exactly hunting, but.....I was in in Rocky Mtn National Park with the family. We were watching a black bear from about 100 yards from the road. A car rolls up and out jumps a family. The kids ask the dad what it was. The dad doesn't know, so he walks over to me and asks if it was a hyena! Honestly, I was not prepared for that question and just replied that "No, it is a black bear". I certainly let an opportunity pass by to educate him on continents. I quickly looked at his plates...New Jersey.

Was there a small dog shaped like a loaf of bread with them? It could've been @wllm!
no...

This...
Gaggle of Brozeman hunters were hunting with the wind directly at their backs proceeded to stampede a herd of elk to the the next precinct. I was watching them with the wind directly in my face. Ran in to them on the road and they had the audacity to ask if I had seen that herd of elk they were sneaking on and why those elk spooked so badly.
😬

The one that always cracks me up is when I run into someone while hunting and they show me their side arm and tell me "I got this baby just in case I get attacked by a cougar":ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
I get asked the same thing, what kinda pistol you packing Out here?
” none “
none but there’s bears around!!!
“ I got this “ holding my 300wm “ should be bettEr then a pistol “
you should still have a pistol just in case :confused:

Hesitant to share but have to, but it's a toss up. Working a stand of timber while guiding elk hunters, client turns to Share " you need to know last time I hunted I accidentally shot my partner, it wasn't my fault he was wearing a white shirt"
Or, just so you know I won't shoot anything less than a 350 bull or 30 inch buck.
He shot a spike and a forked buck on day 4 of a 7 day hunt

Can I borrow some bullets , I left mine @ home in Texas?
” sure but how will your 7mm handle these .300 WM ?”
oh I didn’t think about that! You should shoot a 7mm :)
Two days ago my cousins husband sends me a text that says “hey man, can I shoot these .300 bullets out of my rifle?” (He has a .300 win mag)

Picture comes through of him holding some goofy little bullet but I don’t have any reference to tell what it is. I respond with “send me a picture of the box.”

A couple seconds later I get a pic of the box that says “300 blackout.”

I said “no bud, that will be a really poor choice. You can only shoot .300 win mag bullets.”

His response was “thanks man…these ones were cheaper so I bought a box.” 😳

Back