MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

What is going on?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Unlike every cal debate on rookslide I don't see the debate as "can" a 223 or 243 cleanly harvest an elk. The debate is "why" choose a 223 or 243.
If you have an answer to that like "I have a bad sholder, its all I have or it's for a recoil shy hunter. Well go hunting then.
I can drive tent stakes with my foot but why do that when I have a hammer?

Unlike every cal debate on rookslide I don't see the debate as "can" a 223 or 243 cleanly harvest an elk. The debate is "why" choose a 223 or 243.
If you have an answer to that like "I have a bad sholder, its all I have or it's for a recoil shy hunter. Well go hunting then.
I can drive tent stakes with my foot but why do that when I have a hammer?
If I can get the job that needs done, done with less recoil, watching my shot hit/animal reaction, less chance of developing flinch for new hunter friends, myself, kids, etc. I’ll do it. I shoot lighter recoiling cartridges better at all ranges. I’m not saying you’re wrong, and I agree it can go way overboard.

To stick with the hammer analogy, why put in finish nails with a framing hammer?

If I can get the job that needs done, done with less recoil, watching my shot hit/animal reaction, less chance of developing flinch for new hunter friends, myself, kids, etc. I’ll do it. I shoot lighter recoiling cartridges better at all ranges. I’m not saying you’re wrong, and I agree it can go way overboard.

To stick with the hammer analogy, why put in finish nails with a framing hammer?
I think we are agreeing more than we are disagreeing. It's a question of what's the best tool for the job for (me).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back