Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What is everyone's go to bullet for elk?

Out of my 30-06 it's 165 grain Federal Fusions. Out of my 300 win mag it's 180 grain Federal Power Shoks. Welcome to the site fellow Eastern Coloradan :D

I've been shooting Winchester Supreme loaded E-Tips for the last 5 years or so. 150 grains out of my 7mm Rem Mag.

I had a scare this year that I thought was a poor bullet performance on an elk but instead it turned out that my memory was faulty and the bullet in fact performed perfectly. (I had the entry and exit side mixed up)

I've recovered 4 of the bullets (2 out of elk and 2 out of mule deer) and the only one that didn't perform perfect with 99% weight retention was an elk shot at about 50 yards where the petals peeled off the bullet due to the high velocity. The elk still died though.

200 grain Nosler Partition in a Kimber 325 WSM, I like a heavy bullet for the thick woods of the Pocono Mountains. Does a number on elk in Colorado.

140 gr. Accubonds out of my 270 Win. Great bullet, caliber and great results.

Depending on the Caliber, there are a lot of bullets that will do a good job.
The Accubond is probably my number 1 choice, but I couldn't get any this year, and used Winchester 180 grain silver tips in my 300 Win Mag. and they did a great job.

Kevin

For my .300 Win. Mag. - 180 gr. Federal Premium Nosler Partition. For my .270 Win. 150 gr. Federal Premium Nosler Partition. My wife's 7mm-08 140 gr. Federal Premium Nosler Partition.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
theghostbull
Back