Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

What is ammo going for in your areas?

Depends on what store you go into. Stores that don't rely on selling guns and ammo to stay in business have the same prices as before. The others have doubled the price. I done something stupid and bought the 6.5-300 wby lifetime member rmef rifle now i can't find any ammo or reloading dies. The only place that has ammo is midway and they want 96.00 a box that normally sells for 70.00

The only way to get anything but waterfowl ammo is to be at the store when they open the day they restock.
Im not that desperate right now, so I just watch online and local classified prices.

Online im seeing 9mm around $0.75/round, local classifieds around $0.90.
I am absolutely not paying $0.90 to just go shoot some targets

None of the local stores have been getting in enough hunting ammo to amount to much but the last couple times I’ve been able to pick some up the price hadn’t increased, just full retail

Ammo sold on a statewide hunting forum here is running right at $2.00 per round for non-magnum centerfire rounds. How does that compare to other areas of the country?
Tarheel, most ammo is going for two and a half times normal prices in Ohio. Limited supply. No primers, little to no powder. There is some reloading supplies, but even that has been picked through. Waiting on better days to buy.

Hit pay dirt today

Attachments

• 20210206_112843.jpg
    20210206_112843.jpg
    1.4 MB · Views: 29
  • 20210206_120023.jpg
    20210206_120023.jpg
    1.7 MB · Views: 28
Hit pay dirt today
You sure did. I haven't seen IMR 4064 around here in 6 months. Fortunately, I learned from the O'bummer dry spell and stashed 6 pounds of IMR 4064 and 4 lbs. of IMR 4350 when it was reasonable and available. Same with primers. I wasn't about to get caught short again.

I just bought 2 boxes of 308win this morning from a small local gun/ammo store. Box 1 was hornady 178g eldx at $40 and the other was federal 175 matchkings at $32. These prices included sales tax.

In Tulsa a gun store was selling 6.5 cm for about $70 a box. A friend of mine saw some for $100 a box recently.

Local gun shops will only sell what little ammo they have, to folks who buy a gun. I’ve bought some rifle ammo recently on GB for about $10.00 per box over normal costs. Unfortunately it looks like I won’t be practicing this summer as much as I normally do.

Most stores around me haven’t raised the prices but it’s hard to come by. Then when they do get some in it’s gone about as fast as they can set it out.

A guy I know owns a local shop and he just got in a case of Blazer Brass 45ACP....he is asking $50 for a box of 50. Sorry bud, but no thanks!

Some hoarder had 32 rounds of .243 Remington Core-Lokt 100 grain for sale for $75. I'm sure a bigger fool came along and bought them. They camp out local Academy buy what they can, then screw the heck out of their fellow hunters.

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Hamms12oz
Back