PEAX Equipment

What is a Bucc-ees?

but, like nearly all cuisines and restaurants, contrary to popular belief such quality is rarely exclusive to a geography. i've had better sushi in denver than i've had in hawaii. but, yes, such quality often can be found in greater densities in certain geographies.

my greatest issue with barbeque, is that even the best quality, maybe even award winning stuff, just ain't worth the $ necessary to fill up my belly. it's one of the cuisines that hosts among the most horrific intersections of quantity for a price at the restaurant level. that's also just personal as barbeque is probably lower on my list of favorite foods than most people.

given how far your dollar takes you at a standard barbeque restaurant and the fact that i can make decent enough ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken, and (very) mediocre brisket at home for pennies on the dollar, i have resigned myself to basically never dining in a barbeque restaurant ever again.
You haven't been to Cooper's in Llano...
1706046394053.png

...good catch, and point.

among the best steaks i've eaten was in el paso. not sure if it was the desert heat and extreme hunger that made it so good, or if it was just that good. but nonetheless, among the best.

i'd love a chance to eat at coopers.

but, like nearly all cuisines and restaurants, contrary to popular belief such quality is rarely exclusive to a geography. i've had better sushi in denver than i've had in hawaii. but, yes, such quality often can be found in greater densities in certain geographies.

my greatest issue with barbeque, is that even the best quality, maybe even award winning stuff, just ain't worth the $ necessary to fill up my belly. it's one of the cuisines that hosts among the most horrific intersections of quantity for a price at the restaurant level. that's also just personal as barbeque is probably lower on my list of favorite foods than most people.

given how far your dollar takes you at a standard barbeque restaurant and the fact that i can make decent enough ribs, pulled pork, smoked chicken, and (very) mediocre brisket at home for pennies on the dollar, i have resigned myself to basically never dining in a barbeque restaurant ever again.
If you think TX dine in smoke is high, getcha some of that male order stuff from the Hill Country....

among the best steaks i've eaten was in el paso. not sure if it was the desert heat and extreme hunger that made it so good, or if it was just that good. but nonetheless, among the best.

i'd love a chance to eat at coopers.
Mesquite grilled prime steak is killer TOGIE.

It's a ridiculously overrated waste of an extra ten minutes when you have to fuel up. Just the walk to the can and back to the pump will waste any money you save on gas. The whole thing is built on the stupidity of Texans, with their insistence that "everything is bigger here", a lie made obvious by all the jacked up trucks with nuts (at the self same pumps) that are very clearly compensating.
Show me on the doll where the big nutted Texan hurt you…

Show me on the doll where the big nutted Texan hurt you…
I've lived here 9 years. Long enough to know I won't bend a knee at the altar of the Beaver!

All jokes aside, Bucc-ees is fine. Texas is too! It's just not the best damn place on the planet like all the residents try to tell you.

I've lived here 9 years. Long enough to know I won't bend a knee at the altar of the Beaver!

All jokes aside, Bucc-ees is fine. Texas is too! It's just not the best damn place on the planet like all the residents try to tell you.
I’ve lived in Texas my whole life and…you’re right 😂

I frequently go by the Buccees in Lulling and New Braunfels and generally avoid them. The Brisket is pretty good for gas station food and the Rhino and Hippo breakfast tacos will certainly fill you up.

Been to Buccees twice. Kodak, TN location both times. Restrooms are super clean, gas is best prices around, and brisket sandwich and apple pies are really good. Other than that it seems like convenience store that is so big it's mentally overwhelming. I haven't tried the burrito that @SCliving Outdoors mentioned.
Kodak TN location is currently the biggest one in the world… in the middle of the biggest tourist trap in the world (Pigeonburg TN). I refuse to go in there. Agreed on the clean bathrooms though

Kodak TN location is currently the biggest one in the world… in the middle of the biggest tourist trap in the world (Pigeonburg TN). I refuse to go in there. Agreed on the clean bathrooms though
I've had good brisket and I've had bad. For the price their sandwiches are really good and they slice the brisket as well which in my opinion is the correct way. We were headed out elk hunting and thrilled to see gas at $3.01 there back in September. As for Pigeonburg I tell people who have never been there that it's just Myrtle Beach in the mountains.

I've had good brisket and I've had bad. For the price their sandwiches are really good and they slice the brisket as well which in my opinion is the correct way. We were headed out elk hunting and thrilled to see gas at $3.01 there back in September. As for Pigeonburg I tell people who have never been there that it's just Myrtle Beach in the mountains.
Correct. I used to live in Myrtle Beach as well. Some of the same shops that were in Myrtle Beach are in Pigeonburg now. A huge waste of God’s beautiful creation if you ask me. Way too much concrete, light pollution, noise, and people.

After downing a big ole Texas brisket sandwich, they have every snack you'd ever want to take to the woods. Good stuff! Usually a $100+ bathroom break while traveling - pretty sure that's their business model.

I have actually met the owner of Bucc-ees, he owns a home near me. It took a while for me to figure out who he was. When I first met him he said he was in the convenient store business and never mentioned that he owned the entire chain. Interestingly, he is actually a pretty avid hunter and angler, and he serves on the Texas Parks and Wildlife Commission. We have had some interesting conversations about fish and wildlife management in Texas, and I can tell you he is not what I consider the stereotypical Texan when it comes to managing wildlife. He is especially interested/concerned about CWD and the influence of the game farming industry on native wildlife in the state. It's a pretty fascinating set of circumstances at play down there that I was not fully unaware of.
Anywho, just an interesting anecdote about this otherwise enjoyable thread. Carry on....

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Elkslayer38
Back