Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What in the heck is going on with Country music?

6-7 years ago sat and watched the aide guide ronni milsap to his piano. He sat down and did 1 1/2 hours of his best hits none stop, just him and his piano.one of the best shows I’ve ever seen.

We now also have rock being sold as country. I don't care for a lot of modern country nor country artist who think they have to deploy a lot of theatrics in their concerts and videos.

Whimpering and whining? They country music... they just dressed more like men while doing in the 90s.

Chris Stapleton is pretty damn talented. Walker Hayes...honestly no idea who that was until I watched @MTGomer post. And I agree with you on that guy.

Eleven hundred springs
Corb lund
Turnpike troubadours
James McMurtry
Old crow medicine show
The devil makes three
The steeldrivers
Glad to see a mention of James McMurtry. Complicated Game is my favorite country album of the past 10 years

I know absolutely nothing about country music.
Feel okay with that.;)
Wasn't Taylor Swift country?
Maybe the newbies are following her path.

Willie, Waylon, Charley, George, Patsy, Tanya. Gimme a minute. mtmuley

Not really arguing for or against, but just the curiosity in me. If you (or me) would hear Willie's music (or Waylon, or whoever) but disguised in some way so that you wouldn't recognize it as Willie, would you say "This is good stuff," or, "That isn't how Willie did it?"

QQ

Hank 3 might have a song about this...

Been enjoying some Sierra Ferrell, Nick Shoulders, and a little bit of Townes. Lots of good old and new out there. Lot of crap too.

Chris Stapleton is pretty damn talented. Walker Hayes...honestly no idea who that was until I watched @MTGomer post. And I agree with you on that guy.

Eleven hundred springs
Corb lund
Turnpike troubadours
James McMurtry
Old crow medicine show
The devil makes three
The steeldrivers
you been digging in Harley's vault

LOL, I thought country went to sh*t in the nineties, but now that is apparently when it was real. I conclude that country music is in a constant state of decay where each generation thinks they caught the last of its prime :D

I love McMurtry, Childers, Steeldrivers, etc, but they aren’t country, even by country’s own standards which I guess lumps them into Americana.

I grew up on 90s and early 2000s country music, George Straight, Shania Twain, Brooks and Dunn, Kenny Chesney, Alen Jackson, ect. Even into the later 2000s we had the early Luke Bryan, Josh Turner, and Brantly Gilbert. Now we have crap like Chris Stapleton and Walker Hayes whimpering and whining. What in the heck happened to Country music?
Luke Bryan and Brantley Gilbert?????
DD5B347D-2E3C-4F9D-9483-3CA4243EC3D6.jpeg

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Failure2Adapt
Back