What has happened to Nikon ?

Rooster52

Is Nikon Crazy ? They are cheapening up there line of scopes.I own 4 older model Nikon Buckmaster and Monarch along with some Prostaff,and they have been great but there new Buckmaster II does not impress me. Reminds me of a cheap China made scope.

Sporting optics aren't Nikon's focus. That scope probably was made in China. I had a warranty issue with them some years ago, and Nikon will never see another penny from me. mtmuley

I have several Nikon scopes, on centerfires and rimfires...no complaints. I use Leupolds on my 2 primary hunting rifles however. Nobody beats Leupold's warranty, although in over 30 years I've never had a problem with them and needed warranty service.

Muley, Sorry to hear you had an issue with Nikon's CS some years ago. While to little to late, I assure you Nikon has reworked their CS department and things are better. Their new,No Fault Policy is tough to beat. Run over your scope,drop your Bino's from a tree and they are still covered.

Rooster, Nikon's quality has not gone down, they have just re-named some of their product's to make it easier to tell what level a scope or bino might be at. Yes, like you and other's I do not know why they came out with the Buckmaster II line. Buckmaster has always been considered a very good mid priced scope and now it is the entry level. No bell's and whistle's like the Buckmaster's of years ago. Nikon's PROSTAFF 5 would be considered closest to the old Buckmaster riflescope. I still have a couple in use on family hunting rifles. Absolutely no complaints over many years of use.

I don't work directly for Nikon, I have been doing freelance PR-Shooting Event's for them for about 6 years now. I saw your post's and thought I might be able to clear things up. If I can ever be of any help with a Nikon Sport Product please feel free to drop me a note and I'll do what I can.

Back