Caribou Gear Tarp

What do you hate about YouTube hunting, shooting, outdoors sports videos?

TomTeriffic

For me, the following gets on my nerves:

1. all this whispering crap during deer hunts
2. this blaring background 'music'
3. butchering a nice older gun defacing its value: you know how I feel about drilling non-OEM holes in Savage Model 99's to mount stupid scopes
4. rotten marksmanship: learn how to shoot already, you soi-boi snowflakes!
5. wounding animals and not putting them down promptly
6. unboxing stuff like a new gun, scope, etc.
7. too much hot air, much talk; little action
8. traveling while shooting the chit outside of the field of hunt: BS'ing at the airport, on the train, in the truck or in the SUV enroute to the hunt
9. whiney, obese, bespectacled high-tenor beard boys who think they need a face rug to man up

Last edited:
The necessity to say “Dude” at least 10 times per minute. Overcall I appreciate effort made by the folks producing the content. Its a heck of a lot better than most of the rest of the programming on the boob tube. I’m not one to focus on the negative but Im human and have pet peeve's like anyone else.

I get turned off by the huge amounts of money some of these clowns make infecting the backcountry with a myriad of nincompoops, that and the womenfolk all wandering around as fashion statements !

Boiling water and mixing it in thier mt house and then proceed to eat it in front of the camera and talk with a mouth full of food
The minute I see water boiling or them eating, I quit and instantly feel dark thoughts about them. I rarely watch anything though and my blood pressure has really improved ! 😊

So Tommy boy can't find himself a good youtube channel...better watch my shit (critters&fish) before you totally give up on youtube..its low grade, no kill shots, and probably not entertaining..should be right up your alley. The more I do it the more I do enjoy attempting to put together a video..fun to look back on.

1. " smoked em bro"
2. daylighting bullets and arrows over the horizon
3. not hiding when calling elk in> thinking I got brand x camo I'm good bro

1. I wish hunting videos would show their stalk patterns so new people like me get an idea on how to go about hunting when the time comes.
2. The exaggerated excitement when it comes to killing an animal. I get it's payoff for a long and hard hunt, but I feel many videos stretch the drama for views.
3. The whispering 3 miles away from a stalk, then being the loudest thing for miles when stomping through terrain. Defeats the purpose of whispering right?
4. Like other people have talked about saying "smoked him" or other sayings. It's akin to yelling "get in the hole" in professional golf. Just stop.
5. People not giving the animal the respect and dignity it deserves. People posing with the animal while it's tongue is hanging out.
6.people putting more emphasis of the production of a video rather than the hunt itself.
7. The amount of money people have to spend on hunting can make a hunting video seem more like a 20+ minute advertisement.
8. Taking excessively long shots. 1000yd shots are not hunting but sport shooting animals. Long range shooting goes against what I believe "fair chase" is supposed to be.
9. Having large glassing groups to spot animals.
Again, I feel there's a point where this starts interfering with what fair chase is supposed to be. The animal should have just as much a chance at survival as people do of harvesting them.
10. Using electronic communication like radios or phones. Again fair chase.

I'm sure there's more, but as a hunting virgin and a first time poster here, these are my thoughts.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back