Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

What Cartridges Have You Killed Big Game With This Season?

Wife has shot:
Pronghorn doe: .243/85gr TSX
Whitetail doe: .243/85gr TSX

Myself:
Whitetail doe:.338/06 w/210gr TTSX

Last edited:
Moose
Bison
Elk
Black Bear
Grizzly

Wolf
Caribou
Sheep

275 H & H

Polar Bear
Grizzly

Dart Gun

p.s. just noticed the word "killed"----we did not kill, but hunted the Polar Bear and Grizzly with a dart gun, and, also hunted and killed grizzly with the 348. The grizzly we darted was for the purpose of studying the "Grolar"
Awesome stuff!!

David

Reactions: Guy
Mule deer buck: 7mm (Nosler 140 AB)
Mule deer doe: 6.5 CM (Nosler 140 AB)
Mule deer doe: 44 magnum pistol
Antelope buck: 6.5 CM (Nosler 140 AB)
Whitetail bucks (3): 6.5 CM (Nosler 140 AB)

After a half dozen missed shots over the last month the ballistic tip Jimmy bumper finally bagged a buck muley night before last on Hwy 2. It is a forked horn ... or it was. Only a stump on one side survived. Surprisingly little damage to deer or vehicle. Buck has a broken back and a busted gut inside and that's it. The Jimmy lost the grill, right headlamp assembly, and hood. Bumper cover cracked but probably repairable. Both front fenders are fine (whew!). Radiator survived intact so it was still drivable. Fortunately nothing I can't fix myself once the scrapyards open after holiday weekend. It needs a new paint job anyway. 300K miles so maybe it's not worth it. I picked up a salvage permit Thanksgiving morning from GW who happened to be in Havre regional office. Nice guy. Don't they cost $10? He didn't collect anything.

3 mule deer between my son and I, all with 270 140 grain Accubonds. Buck took two steps and collapsed. The two does dropped in their tracks. Also took a coyote with the same gun and cartridge.

Last edited:
Bull Elk 300WSM Federal Premium with Berger Hybrid Hunter 185g

Perfectly broadside at 350 yards. Bullet hit right in the crease and exited. Only hit rib going in; bull took one step and collapsed. Tremendous damage to lungs. One of the few elk I have seen fall that didn't require a follow-up shot. The only other one-shot elk kills I have witnessed were spine-hits or head shots....

Well, i half assed elk season and ate my tag. Totalled my rig in idaho going to hunt deer and decided im done hunting deer this year in any state. So i guess so far this year its been: black bear with a .444 marlin, black bear with a .444 marlin, and black bear with a .444 marlin. Just gonna try to get a lion with my .243 now. But for the record, .444 marlin is a pretty sweet bear cartridge if you dont enjoy tracking bears. Doubly so if you tend to shoot dinks like me. Knocks em down hard. 3 for 3 no tracking required, boomflop.

6.5. Creedmoor shooting 130 Sierra Gamechangers
WY Antelope buck
S.C. Whitetail buck
S.C. Doe x 2

Sitka Gear Turkey Tool Belt

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back