Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

What Brings A Smile About Your State?

Sytes

Exclude politics. Exclude Debbie Downer commentary.

Include the great side of your State! PIC's earn you double points! Today's drive to work prompted this thread. Look forward to the simple or complex aspects that creates a smile.

As I made my way to work today... All I can say is I love fall! The larch, and aspen, the meandering river and lakes - all along my daily commute to work.

Pardon the crappy pic though, you get the idea and no, no deer ran into my vehicle while I snapped pics during the spritzy drive. A piece of heaven that brings a smile :)

Larch.jpg

Earlier this year - Mother Turkey stood her ground and made sure her poults(?) remained safe as they moved around the backside of our house. She hard-balled me and roust her feathers if I took a step. I stood at my vehicle door and smiled. I love many aspects about Montana.

Turkey.jpg

To quote from a similar thread:

Beach, swamps, river bottoms, pine forests, hardwood foothills, mountains. Major cities, small towns, suburbs, farmland. 6 deer tags each year, 2 turkey tags, a bear tag, a bunch of squirrels and rabbits, all kinds of fish, both saltwater and freshwater. I put a pretty high premium on all of that.

I love the woods. We have a decent amount of public land compared to a lot of southern and eastern states, at least in my neck of the woods.

My roots are here. My great great great great grandpa settled about 40 miles from where I live now in the first decade of the 19th century.

This old chair my grandpa used to hunt from is still holding up. Try to sit in it and eat lunch at least once a season.

07E48B4A-7751-4B90-925D-F1A605A7B24A.jpeg241B0398-ADED-47E5-AF24-9A800ECC4CC5.jpeg

813E29DA-2DCD-4EDC-9167-4235E1049487.jpeg

I don't live in a western state allthough I have enjoyed every western state I have visited for the most part.
I like the diversity of habitat and hunting opportunities Oklahoma has for not being a "real" western state. Last year I killed a Pronghorn early September and a month later killed a Black Bear, both in Oklahoma.
The mountains in SE Oklahoma provide such a different ecosystem than the prairies of the western panhandle. Cimmaron county in the far most panhandle is the only county in the US to my knowledge that touches 5 states. Oklahoma, New Mexico, Texas, Colorado, and Kansas. If I am not mistaken, Oklahoma and Texas are the only 2 states that have alligator and antelope. Allthough opportunities are limited for a few of the following species, I think its pretty cool Oklahoma host this many different animals even though I dont hunt everything a lot of these animals and the places they live have made me smile.
Oklahoma has the following,

*Big game*
Whitetail
Mule Deer
Elk
Pronghorn
Black Bear

*Small game*
Rabbits
Squirrels
Coons

*Furbearers*
Grey Fox
Red Fox
Bobcat
Coyote
Otter
Beaver

*Wing Shooting*
Bobwhite Quail
Dove
Pheasant
Lots of variety of Waterfowl from Central flyway

*Turkey*
Rio Grand
Eastern
Meriams

There have also been confirmed Mt. Lion sightings.

Some pretty good fishing for the fishermen as well.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back