Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping System

What bipod is everyone using?

88man

Thinking about upgrading from a Harris. What bipod are you using? Light weight? other features?

I use Harris 9-13" SLM's. There is no perfect bipod, each is a significant compromise IME. There are bipods I like the features of a little more, but none are under $300.

I also have a Harris 9-13" bipod. I can honestly say I've only actually used it to shoot a game a handful of times over the last 20-25 years. A taller version with a pivoting head would be much more practical. I usually end up using my pack as a rest.

I have several Harris 6-9 and 9-13’s as well as an Atlas. I prefer the 6-9 for general prone shooting.

I also have a Harris 9-13" bipod. I can honestly say I've only actually used it to shoot a game a handful of times over the last 20-25 years.
Same bipod, and same frequency, in fact I'm thinking of removing it as most of my shots are taken off my quads sticks out to 200 yards.
Cheers
Richard

I have a Swagger 29" model. I used last year in NM and liked it pretty well. It pivots, flexes, and the legs are independently adjustable.

Had this though didn't like the subtle (sometimes not so subtle) twang of the spring(s) noise when setting for the shot and the excess weight:
884179.webp

Then reversed the weight for this type though found I never made time to retrieve the sticks from the side of my pack or atop/below my shoulder strap hip-pack:

Now, as I use a single trek pole while hiking / hunting, it works good as a single shooting stick.

I used the StealthpodX this year. https://stealthpodx.com/ There are very few stock-mounted bipods that are tall enough to shoot over most brush. The Stealthpod is spendy, but slick. My only complaint is that they are a little clumsy to haul around - when I was deer hunting this year I pretty much had to set my gun and Stealthpod down every time I wanted to glass.

Before the StealthpodX I was using two 48" wooden dowels from Lowes bolted together with a nylon locking washer. Super light weight and tall enough for most situations.

I used the StealthpodX this year. https://stealthpodx.com/ There are very few stock-mounted bipods that are tall enough to shoot over most brush. The Stealthpod is spendy, but slick. My only complaint is that they are a little clumsy to haul around - when I was deer hunting this year I pretty much had to set my gun and Stealthpod down every time I wanted to glass.

Before the StealthpodX I was using two 48" wooden dowels from Lowes bolted together with a nylon locking washer. Super light weight and tall enough for most situations.
That's cool, I hadn't seen that rest before

UTG Recon.
Great price.
Got tilt.
Got click-adjustable and fine-adjustable legs.
Comes with a picatinny rail that can be attached to a sling studd.
Did I mention: great price!

Matthias

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jahmes143
Back