What are you currently reading?

Lots of books here going on my amazon wishlist. I'm currently reading Montana Land of Giant Rams Volume 3. Just finished Leaving Cheyenne by Larry Mcmurtry. Not as good as Lonesome Dove but a much quicker read
Wish I could have spent time with Duncan Gilchrist. The man knew a lot about bighorn rams.

1493 by Charles Mann
Neptune's Inferno by James Hornfischer

Gulag Archipelago by Solzhenitsyn....actually audiobook(77 hours)..listened on my daily walk. Highly recommended. Can be found free on on web.

Accidental Presidents by Jared Cohen.

It's about the eight VPs who had to step up and serve as president.

Read David Baldacci's Will Robie Series of books, GOOD books. Here is his description of the series-
"America has enemies — ruthless people that the police, the FBI, even the military can’t stop. To combat them, the U.S. government calls on Will Robie, a stone-cold hitman who never questions orders and always nails his target. "
Definitely would recommend!
If you like Baldacci, I always thought the “Camel Club” series was his best.

I just finished "The Spy and The Traitor" by Ben Macintyre, it's a non-fiction about a KGB agent who turns in to a double-agent for MI6 during the Cold War, excellent book!

Just finished binge reading the Joe Picket series and now I am reading Cleckner’s long range shooting book. Fairly entry level so far, but some good reminders.

Reading River of Doubt written by Candice Millard. Only a few chapters in - enjoyable read thus far.

Summary from Amazon:

The River of Doubt—it is a black, uncharted tributary of the Amazon that snakes through one of the most treacherous jungles in the world. Indians armed with poison-tipped arrows haunt its shadows; piranhas glide through its waters; boulder-strewn rapids turn the river into a roiling cauldron.

After his humiliating election defeat in 1912, Roosevelt set his sights on the most punishing physical challenge he could find, the first descent of an unmapped, rapids-choked tributary of the Amazon. Together with his son Kermit and Brazil’s most famous explorer, Cândido Mariano da Silva Rondon, Roosevelt accomplished a feat so great that many at the time refused to believe it. In the process, he changed the map of the western hemisphere forever.

Along the way, Roosevelt and his men faced an unbelievable series of hardships, losing their canoes and supplies to punishing whitewater rapids, and enduring starvation, Indian attack, disease, drowning, and a murder within their own ranks. Three men died, and Roosevelt was brought to the brink of suicide. The River of Doubt brings alive these extraordinary events in a powerful nonfiction narrative thriller that happens to feature one of the most famous Americans who ever lived.

From the soaring beauty of the Amazon rain forest to the darkest night of Theodore Roosevelt’s life, here is Candice Millard’s dazzling debut.

Old man and the boy was a gift from my brother for Christmas. It’s good so far 4 chapters in.

Excellent book. I recently finished it and bought 2 additional copies to give as Christmas gifts.

Last book was American Buffalo by Steven Rinella
Current book is Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
Next book is the Old Man's Boy Grows Older Robert Ruark

After that will probably look for another Ruark book or some of the memoirs cited in Empire of the Summer Moon.

Excellent book. I recently finished it and bought 2 additional copies to give as Christmas gifts.

Last book was American Buffalo by Steven Rinella
Current book is Empire of the Summer Moon by S.C. Gwynne
Next book is the Old Man's Boy Grows Older Robert Ruark

After that will probably look for another Ruark book or some of the memoirs cited in Empire of the Summer Moon.
I’ve been wanting to read Horn of the Hunter by Ruark as well.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jack the bear
Back