Save $100 on the Leupold VX-3HD

What a bust.

varmit hunter

I have been behaving myself, Taking all my meds, And spending 90% of the day in bed. We have a tropical depression moving on shore in the next 48 hours. Usually means several days of rain.

Since I had a good report card, And bought the Wife a new F150 Ford crew cab Friday,( Yelp my birthday she got a new truck). I got a pass to go out ALONE this afternoon. Only a 700 yard 4 wheeler trip. I took the oath not to get more than 50 yards from my Honda. Had the GPS, Cell Phone, Warlike talky. She kind of makes me do this since I stuck the four wheeler, And did not take the cell phone. It took me 2 1/2 hours to crawl home on a very hot August morning. I kinda crawled through a few fire ants on the way.

Back to the story. I just new before this storm things were going to be popping. It gets weird before one of these storms moves on shore. The air hangs real heavy. I took out my newest favor-rite call. Man was I sounding good (To me).

Had the Howa in the sticks covering a long ditch bank, With a pipe line coming in on my right. The sound just hung in the heavy air like it did not won't to fade away. No doubt in my mind fur is fixing to be propeld into that heavy air.

Well tomorrow it is back to the History Channel, And the next latest greatest idea. After thirty minutes on the stand all I saw was a couple thousand of those needle nosed, West Nile virus carrying little Bas&(*$s.
mad.gif

Them suckers'll get you everytime,pardon the pun there VH!
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Glad you made it back from the stuck 4 wheeler trip without too many scars!

Heck,this time it was a bust,but tomorrow it may be crawling with critters
biggrin.gif
.Kinda like trout fishing,I have hit holes right behind my pards,and caught fish that never touched there bait!

Loved the story VH
wink.gif
It sounds like you have a wonderful time, just you and the outdoors except for them skitters.

Now, a friend of mine has been taking care of his fire ant problems. Take a box of dry grits and pour them in the hole and around. The ants eat the grits. They go crazy after them. Then when they go to get a drink of water, the grits blow up inside of them, leaving nothing left anymore. He's tried it in 10 different hills now and they are no longer a problem.

Just felt like share and tell
biggrin.gif

OUCH! That kinda stuff scares me. I can actually feel it through your post. Im only 32, but I can relate. Maybe...Somewhat...Well understand Im kinda high strung.
biggrin.gif

You WILL have better luck next time.

Brad

Varmit Hunter, the skeeters here in Maine is worse than when I lived in Louisiana. I know this is hard to believe.

I need a favor. For the next two or three weeks can you use that skeeter caller of yours. 24/7 for the next three weeks should be fine.
biggrin.gif

Being that all of you watch the outdoor channel. When you see those bear hunts in New Brunswick provence Canada. That is the border that I live at. Remember seeing how many skeeters their were and how big. I can't remember the show but it was a bear hunt in NB and the skeeters were so bad that it took about 10 minutes and there were enough skeeter that they flew off with a 500 lb bear. I think that we have the last flock of teradactals the locals call them skeeters. The good thing is when they fly they make so much noise that you have about 5 minutes to get the shotgun or hide, that buckshot is getting expensive.

My hats off to you VH for percevering thru the trials of life to get out and feed the skeeters....
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Varmit Hunter,
You got a good girl there, hell any girl that drives a crew cab FORD truck has to be a good'en. Are you sayin that call is a skeeter call also, Don't worry The guy that made it won't charge any extra for that..LOL

I'm glad you got out for a bit of fresh air and the blood transfution,,,lol You take it easy or that little gal you got will jerk a knot in your tail and when she does we're all going to giggle,,HE HE

look forward to part two of as the skeeters buzzzzzzzzz.

slydog

That is a set of deployed air bags. I think she could hit a brick wall at 50 mph on a 4 wheeler, and bounce back twenty feet.

Yep,hopefully I'll be the one to provide the landing platform, VH
biggrin.gif

Man,I could feel.....errr...I mean fill them airbags all night long
wink.gif

Yessiree,nothing like a fine set of automotive tools to make your day,and I don't believe those are snap-ons either,hehehehe
biggrin.gif
!

Welcome aboard Richard Grantham!!! That is a picture of Del under the vehicle with baloons in his shirt!!!
tongue.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif
biggrin.gif

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
tvrguy
Back