Western Montana Antelope

BigHornRam

Opening morning I drove into a state land/ block management piece where I saw some bucks the day before. Parked the truck and walked in about a mile, then waited for sun rise. First light I spotted a loan buck bedded about 1/2 a mile away. Moved in on him and as I got closer he got up and started coming my direction. I looked him over, not too tall but decent mass. He was about as good as anything I had seen while scouting this fall, so I decided to take him. Resting my 7-08 over my day pack, I took the 230 yard shot and down he went. He's only my second antelope, but I'm pretty happy with him. Not being much of a skilled judge of antelope he ended up being shorter than I guessed at about 12", but heavier at 6". Hopefully some of the timer photos turn out and I can get one posted>

Congrats Paul! We're sitting a bit better than this time last year in the scorebook :rolleyes: sent you a PM this morning...I added a small blacktail to the mix this weekend as well GO GEEZERS :D

You guys are putting enough pressure on me to kill the average geezer.:D Way to go B-Horn...looking fwd. to the pics.

Got your PM Marv. Good going....sounds like you had a great hunt! Time for Ken to put down a Colorado Elk and get us into triple figures!

BHR, I see that Playschool makes a digital camera now. If anything I'm sure you could aford it, not to mention you should be able to use it. Its made for kids 3 and up... ;) $59.99 at Toys R Us. It even has two view finders, so you can use it just like your bino's. I know at your age your eyes are probably pretty bad...

Congrats on the lope, now hurry up with the pictures.

pTRU1-2894603dt.jpg

Ahhhh....that's the sarcasm that makes the fantasy hunt contest worth being in :D You just gonna take that BHR??

....and does that camera come in cammo :eek:

Back