Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Well, it's not good. Not religious but prayers are welcomed.

The system is such a game @Hamm59701 has tons of experience navigating it. Yes brother, I’m nominating you. My nephew is highly autistic, and my niece had a heart transplant at 18 months. My brother is my hero. He’s kept his great job as an RN, and he’s pushed past challenge after challenge. Feel free to DM him. The life of being a lil’ brother… 😉

To Dave N

When you are used to giving so much, receiving may seem near impossible.

There are people that want to help financially.

Please consider accepting.

PM me your contact info when your are ready.

Once received, I'll PM it to others.

Go Fund Me is an option, but I hate that they take some off the top.

Tyson

Last edited:
I'd love for Hunt Talk to host and promote that. I've never setup a GoFundMe or similar effort. Anyone else ever set up an effort like that?

I loop you in also cause you can help to properly have/get Dave’s info to make it his.

I’ve never set one up either. Happy to help if I can though.

Paypal could be a good option as well. Nice to have a gofundme with a stated goal and a nice shareable link to see if you’re reaching it or not. Might make the snowball roll better.

Well, I don't know what to say. Several PMs and posts about helping us. Yes, as it was said, it's hard to accept help when you are used to fending for yourself and providing for your family. It feels strange since we're not "broke" and have mountains of bills. At least as of now anyway. I know things change, though. Once my normal paychecks stop, who knows? Winter may get interesting.

I've responded to those PMs and will TRY to be as accepting as I can. It's more than a little awkward for me. Just so folks know, Grubhub doesn't work around here! We've tried. 🤷‍♂️

A big thanks to everyone for the support and well wishes. Believe me, it's appreciated.

@Backofbeyond got the gofundme set up

Just saw this thread today - sorry for the delayed well wishes and prayers, but I will visit the go fund me page. Take care - mental health is a struggle for many and when untreated things can snowball as you have experienced. Hang in there - you are doing a man's highest work, taking care of family.

Yeah, I thought about retiring for a while now but never thought I'd be able to afford it. Guess I'll find out! And now on day ONE the nurse came to change the wound vac and once again things got worse! I told her FUGG that thing and we'll go back to what I was doing before that was actually working. Really getting pissed now. All the progress we made was wiped out in 3 days. She was calling the doctor about it but haven't heard back yet.

Welcome to retirement..

Back to wound doc today. Great progress was made! All the nasty crap has cleared up. She was happy with us and agreed to send that damn vac back. See us again in a month now. Guess I should have been a doctor or nurse in real life! :cool:

Sold the truck today as well! Hated to do it but the money will cover some things and one less vehicle now to plate and insure. Now I'll have to use her Exploder to pull my ATV trailer Friday for deer season. Just not the same.

Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mmarshall173
Back