Leupold BX-4 Rangefinding Binoculars

Well, GM Won Me Back

Congrats on the new truck! I'm still running my 05 Silverado with the 5.3. I've lost faith in the 07+ Silverados with the cylinder deactivation, I've personally seen many of those motors burning oil and fail well before 200k. They may have changed that system with the newest version of Silverados but time will tell.

I've had multiple Ford work trucks both diesels and gas at various employers and were always being sent to the shop for issues.

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to finally get rid of my truck since it's been so reliable for the last 205k miles.

Keep us updated on how it does in it's first outing! Very good looking truck by the way.

Congrats on the new truck! I'm still running my 05 Silverado with the 5.3. I've lost faith in the 07+ Silverados with the cylinder deactivation, I've personally seen many of those motors burning oil and fail well before 200k. They may have changed that system with the newest version of Silverados but time will tell.

I've had multiple Ford work trucks both diesels and gas at various employers and were always being sent to the shop for issues.

I'm not looking forward to the day I have to finally get rid of my truck since it's been so reliable for the last 205k miles.

Keep us updated on how it does in it's first outing! Very good looking truck by the way.
I'm pretty sure you can cut out that 4 cyl feature.

For the life of me I can’t understand why the manufacturers have to screw things up on a perfectly good engine. Way back with the late eighties, and nineties gmc/Chevy vortex 350, they were getting 20 mpg with their 4x4’s and some were lasting 300,000 miles. Seemed unreal at the time. Why would they mess with that?

For the life of me I can’t understand why the manufacturers have to screw things up on a perfectly good engine. Way back with the late eighties, and nineties gmc/Chevy vortex 350, they were getting 20 mpg with their 4x4’s and some were lasting 300,000 miles. Seemed unreal at the time. Why would they mess with that?
Yup those vortec engines run forever.

I’ve used a bunch early 2000s chevys with the 5.3, they were great trucks but I never saw anywhere close to 20mpg with them.

My dad had an 05 that I loved and tried to borrow every chance I got.

'02 Silverado half-ton, 328k miles, thank you very much. Laugh all you want when you see me roll up to the trailhead, the truck is a beast, and I haven't had a payment in yearssssssss......

My new truck (this one) has the newest version of the Active Fuel Management (AFM) called Dynamic Fuel Management (DFM) and the 10 speed transmission. So I am definitely gambling with newer technology. Due to chip shortage, GM pulled the AFM/DFM off the line spring of 2021, but this one was built before they dropped it.

That being said, having put my last quarter million miles on the old workhorse Ford 6sp, and I have to admit that I had forgotten how smooth and responsive a transmission could be. The new 10sp paired with the 5.3 has nearly indistinguishable shifts. I wish it had the gear displayed just so I'd know where it was at any given time.

'02 Silverado half-ton, 328k miles, thank you very much. Laugh all you want when you see me roll up to the trailhead, the truck is a beast, and I haven't had a payment in yearssssssss......
My goal for my last two Fords was 200k, but both failed me before then. No more than I drive now (office closed due to covid so I am full time work from home) my truck is likely to age before it wears.

I had to replace the o-rings on the upper cooling system on my 2017 F-150 this winter and I'm convinced they dried out from sitting too much!

I sold mine last year as I was tired of the extended cab. I’ve been kicking myself for it ever since

Sell 2 trucks vs one.

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Leejones
Back