Hunt Talk Radio - Look for it on your favorite Podcast platform

Welcome to the Jungle

TheTone

I was fortunate enough to punch my 2015 elk tag the other morning on this great bull. Overall it was a pretty great season as I heard bulls every day I was out and saw 9 different bulls; this one was just the first that gave me a shot. I heard him bugling cross canyon from me, got the wind right and dropped down into the hole through some old growth after him. I spent about 15 minutes with him bugling 150 yards away before he decided to come in and give me a 25 yard shot. My arrow deflected and hit a little farther back than I wanted, but I got lucky and he was down within sight. He then did me the favor of rolling down the hill into a root ball pit from a fallen tree and onto another rotten log which made quartering him and getting him ready to go a bit more of a challenge than normal. I had a sliver of cell service and was able to get a GPS point sent to a friend who showed up after a couple hours to help with packing. Overall he was only half a mile from a road, but it was typical north Idaho steep, brushy and covered in downed logs. After 5 hours of packing the last load was to the truck. Maybe hunting elk in these nasty jungles agrees with me?

Attachments

• DSCN3314 (1024x667).jpg
    DSCN3314 (1024x667).jpg
    72.4 KB · Views: 1,012
I see, you're going to be one of these guys that just goes out and shoots a 6-point with his bow every year. Nice......

Nice bull and even nicer you have friends that just show up for the crap work of humping and hauling the critter out, LOL

Jungle, and steep jungle at that. Congratulations on the adventure and for having friends that could help. Priceless.

I see, you're going to be one of these guys that just goes out and shoots a 6-point with his bow every year. Nice......

Is their something wrong with hoping I become one of those guys? To be perfectly honest I probably should have killed a different six point about a week before this one.

Back