MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Weight Saving Tips

My biggest weight savings recently has been switching from tent to tarp. Ditching some mid layers and reducing my surplus food has also helped, but I find those to be a little dicier to leave out.

I work for Seek Outside, and was part of the original pack design team when we launched our packs in 2012. I've been in this space a long time now.

All of our packs are sub 5 lbs and several sub 4 lbs. We have a big presence on Kodiak as well as packs across Alaska tagging along on sheep, goat, and moose hunts.

I don't bicker or argue much, but if you have any questions feel free to ask.

Thanks,
Nathan
Can you recommend a Seek Outside pack for hauling big, heavy loads...primarily moose quarters, and a 10-day solo sheep hunt.
Thanks!

Hey guys just a Fyi on the electrical tape for wounds I carry a small thing of crazy glue just for this use almost no weight and works great
sealed up a nice gash on my right thigh and I just kept on going

I carry too much to include my drone and spare batteries. Too much weight and a pack sled that offsets packing out game meat... Actually, I've used my packable sled to pack out my gear when I sprained/tore my meniscus... was only a mile away from my truck at that point though got me back. Pack sleds are a must for my treks.

I've packed lite on a few occasions though found I like my toys, fishing equip, tent r&r, etc.

I carry too much to include my drone and spare batteries. Too much weight and a pack sled that offsets packing out game meat... Actually, I've used my packable sled to pack out my gear when I sprained/tore my meniscus... was only a mile away from my truck at that point though got me back. Pack sleds are a must for my treks.

I've packed lite on a few occasions though found I like my toys, fishing equip, tent r&r, etc.
What are you packing a drone for?

Comment related to weight. Don't want to derail a thread on weight packing tips.
My pack sled offsets my desire for reduce creature comforts. It's my way of circumventing earlier desires to pack as light as possible.
Kinda a have my cake and eat it too.

If you're interested in the new MT fwp reg for use of drones day before a hunt of an area, check it out. Primarily for use capturing video and photos of fishing, scenery, etc. Feel free to chat pm or start a thread on it.

Back