Weekly food prep

Gellar

In an effort to eat healthier, save money and time I have been trying to prep some meals for lunch at work during the week. I’m not a big leftover fan, but some things I’ve done so far are turkey carnitas, barbacoa, and sloppy joes, in the winter I will make big batches of soup or stew. Anyone got Recipes that keep good as leftovers and can be made in big portion? I usually prep meals using wild game but am open to any and all ideas!
1594572715606.jpegSometimes I am out in the field and get to supplement Lunch with fresh berries!

With two boys in the house and their busy schedules, we often times patty out some burger and keep some grilled hamburgers on hand. Can be made in large batches; reheat well; and they like them!

Working from home, I've done more meat smoking the past few months. A pork shoulder/Boston butt can be started in the morning and is ready for dinner that night with little oversite. Keeps well and can be used a lot of ways for dinners.

I’ve made Barbacoa twice now using a recipe from Rinella and a recipe from Hank Shaw. I used an elk neck roast and a whitetail blade roast. I don’t think I care for it.

I’m a big fan of the meateater Pastrami recipe. I’ll make a couple at a time and slice them for sandwiches.

Attachments

• 878E4946-9B84-4C37-A1BA-AD66ED1DE413.jpeg
    878E4946-9B84-4C37-A1BA-AD66ED1DE413.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 2
  • 84040726-743B-4062-B6E9-B0E690C3B4C3.jpeg
    84040726-743B-4062-B6E9-B0E690C3B4C3.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 2
I meal prep every week. 2lbs of ground meat, mixed with high quality marinara, or flavored pasta sauce, 1 ½ cups rice (uncooked measurement), and whatever extra spices you like, is good for 3-4 lunches, and is pretty healthy as long as you use good, low fat meat. This is one of my favorite meals while clean bulking.

I meal prep every week. 2lbs of ground meat, mixed with high quality marinara, or flavored pasta sauce, 1 ½ cups rice (uncooked measurement), and whatever extra spices you like, is good for 3-4 lunches, and is pretty healthy as long as you use good, low fat meat. This is one of my favorite meals while clean bulking.
Almost like a stuffed pepper mixture. Sounds good! Thank you.

If you don’t like the barbacoa, try another braise with just some stock, maybe some wine, garlic, rosemary, onion - regular roast-type flavors. Then you can use that all week for things like quesadillas, French dips, add to rice or pasta with a prepared sauce, etc.

Pastrami or corned roasts make great sandwiches or just eat with cheese and crackers.

I often make a “salsa” with black beans, corn, red onions, diced tomatoes, cumin, garlic, smoked paprika, seasoned salt. Then I’ll either eat it plain as kind of a salad, or add leftover cubed chicken, steak, barbacoa, shrimp. Good warm or cold, good alone or scooped on tortilla chips. I add whatever other toppings or veggies I have that sound good- just wing it. It makes good nachos. Tonight I had venison chorizo, so I added lettuce and salsa ranch and made a taco salad with it. Mmm, good 😁

I cook shrimp quite a bit, so sometimes I make extra then just throw leftover cooked shrimp and a bottle of cocktail sauce in my cooler for lunch.

If you don’t like the barbacoa, try another braise with just some stock, maybe some wine, garlic, rosemary, onion - regular roast-type flavors. Then you can use that all week for things like quesadillas, French dips, add to rice or pasta with a prepared sauce, etc.

Pastrami or corned roasts make great sandwiches or just eat with cheese and crackers.

I often make a “salsa” with black beans, corn, red onions, diced tomatoes, cumin, garlic, smoked paprika, seasoned salt. Then I’ll either eat it plain as kind of a salad, or add leftover cubed chicken, steak, barbacoa, shrimp. Good warm or cold, good alone or scooped on tortilla chips. I add whatever other toppings or veggies I have that sound good- just wing it. It makes good nachos. Tonight I had venison chorizo, so I added lettuce and salsa ranch and made a taco salad with it. Mmm, good 😁

I cook shrimp quite a bit, so sometimes I make extra then just throw leftover cooked shrimp and a bottle of cocktail sauce in my cooler for lunch.
Thank you! I make a salsa similar tothat. Never had enough for leftovers though!

Crappie filets, or can substitute almost any fish filets that you like
Melted butter
Cajun seasoning
1 cup of black beans, cooked
1/4 cup chopped bell pepper
1/4 cup chopped tomatoes
1/4 cup grilled corn, kernals cut off the cob
Balsamic vinegar
Fresh cracked black pepper

My favorite is smoking a pork shoulder or boston butt. Usually just have straight pulled pork the day I make it, but then recycle it many times over as sandwiched, carnitas tacos, burritos, pulled pork nachos, etc. If it’s a large shoulder, then I’ll pull the whole thing apart and freeze half of it in 1 gallon zip lock or vacuum sealed bag. It keeps really good in freezer.

MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Waspocrew
Back