Wednesday Gun Pron

Straight up trade you a Ruger Hawkeye for it.

Sold to the man in the yellow hat! #shouldveboughttheHowa

Beautiful pistol Ross, what's the story with the inscription?

*edit- found it online. Pretty amazing. I'd be proud of that one.

Last edited:
New to my safe revolver. Like God intended handguns to be. Anyone have a s&w book to decode serial numbers?

Attachments

• 20150722_203341.jpg
    20150722_203341.jpg
    33.2 KB · Views: 559
  • 20150722_203330.jpg
    20150722_203330.jpg
    40.1 KB · Views: 623
I am afraid the siren song of the shapely figure and good performance of my 84L Select has led this lusty young Missoulan on to the rocky shores of Kimber heartache.

On a lighter note....here is my newest of John Browning's offspring. It commemorates the 150th anniversary of the First Minnesota Volunteer Infantry. Lots of history behind the motto for those interested.

Very nice, my old guard unit had one of the cannons given to the 1st Minnesota. They were not allowed to take any of the cannons to war as the 1st was mustered as an infantry unit. I like the piece you've collected.

Very nice, my old guard unit had one of the cannons given to the 1st Minnesota. They were not allowed to take any of the cannons to war as the 1st was mustered as an infantry unit. I like the piece you've collected.

That's interesting. Where is your old unit out of? It was definately an interesting time.

For those in MN interested in military history, there is a memorial to the 1st Minnesota and Colonel Colville in a cemetary outside Cannon Falls, MN.

I am afraid the siren song of the shapely figure and good performance of my 84L Select has led this lusty young Missoulan on to the rocky shores of Kimber heartache.

On a lighter note....here is my newest of John Browning's offspring. It commemorates the 150th anniversary of the First Minnesota Volunteer Infantry. Lots of history behind the motto for those interested.
View attachment 48315

Oh my.

I love the Colt. Hopefully a commercial 1911 is in the near future.

That's interesting. Where is your old unit out of? It was definately an interesting time.

For those in MN interested in military history, there is a memorial to the 1st Minnesota and Colonel Colville in a cemetary outside Cannon Falls, MN.

It was the 1-151FA in Montevideo.

I do a ton of bird hunting in western LQP. We may know a few in common, but I've been out of that unit since 2001.

It is an older smith 38 . And no Ken, its hardly mint. I think from my internet research its pre war, it's my Dad's, I'm babysitting, because unfortunately his memory is flawed. I can't even ask about history.

It is an older smith 38 . And no Ken, its hardly mint. I think from my internet research its pre war, it's my Dad's, I'm babysitting, because unfortunately his memory is flawed. I can't even ask about history.

Great reason to hold it close. I have my dad's guns and it's the strongest connection left to him that exists.

I mostly hunt up around Appleton and up towards Graceville. Yeah there might be a few still (Perseke ring any bells?)

Hmmm, grew up in Appleton. Still have some family there too. Likley hunted some of the same turf years ago. Heading back in mid August for an old football team reunion. I'll watch for young birds around my bro in laws farms and report in.

I mostly hunt up around Appleton and up towards Graceville. Yeah there might be a few still (Perseke ring any bells?)

It does SVC Battery as I recall. I moved to Madison as a junior actually graduated from LQPV did 8 years in Monte before doing my last year attached to the AVN Brigade. Got out then did one more year in '05 at Ripley and Anoka.

Back