Gastro Gnome - Eat Better Wherever

Webley and Scott Empire Rifle- Made by Howa

Very nice looking rifle! I like walnut, especially checkering that's not too fine & feels sharp! But, I hunt almost exclusively with synthetic stocks....

That's a good looking rifle. Just a few things I'd like to see different on the stock, but those are just cosmetic.

View attachment 68463View attachment 68464View attachment 68465
I do love a nice wood stock. This is a sporterized 98 Mauser my old man made for me when I was 5; 22-250. Last year I took a closer look at the wood n found it had quite a bit of character so I stripped it all down, sharpened the lines, glass bedded the action, put a mesquite butt, pistol grip cap, n fore arm tip on it. Then gave it a good hand rubbed oil finish. Going to pass this one on to my grandson.

Nice lookinh wood. I find it funny that my kids have come up using synthetic stocks and are infatuated by wood. I was yhe opposite. I guess the grass is greener on the other side.

I love a good looking walnut stock. Very nice looking gun. I just bought a F/N 257 Roberts Saturday at auction with a bishop/fajen custom stock.
Really you are going to make a statement like that and not post a picture?!

Matt that is a great looking rifle! what caliber/calibers are they in?

Really you are going to make a statement like that and not post a picture?!

Matt that is a great looking rifle! what caliber/calibers are they in?
.243 7mm-08 .308 .270 & .30-06.

My personal favorite is the one chambered in .270. What a sweet shooter! I can't wait to take a muley with it!

Nice looking walnut for a new production rifle. The metal finish looks great, bluing looks nice and deep as well.

So many of the current production blued rifles look like dog crap on a sidewalk. (Rem SPS)

Back