Caribou Gear

Weatherby Vanguard and Nosler Partition 160 grain

markwilks

Does anyone have any experience with this rifle and ammo combination? It’s not listed as ammo Weatherby tested as most accurate and it didn’t seem the best out of my rifle. I’m going to shoot it some more but I didn’t get moa from it.

They shoot these in accuracy tests:

Barnes Vortex 140 gr TTSX
(21526)
Winchester 168gr Nosler Accubond Long Range
(S7LR)
Federal Premium 150gr Trophy Copper
(P7RTC3)
Hornady 162gr Precision Hunter ELD-X

anyone shooting them for elk out of a Vanguard that can give me a review?

I have reloaded those bullets for my Vanguard in 7mm Rem. Mag. for 30+ years. That have been more than accurate enough for me and consistently put animals down fast. Quite a few elk have gotten a free ride to my house with that rifle/bullet combination. When something works, I don’t mess with it!

I have reloaded those bullets for my Vanguard in 7mm Rem. Mag. for 30+ years. That have been more than accurate enough for me and consistently put animals down fast. Quite a few elk have gotten a free ride to my house with that rifle/bullet combination. When something works, I don’t mess with it!
I want going to handload but if I can’t get the accuracy I want from the boxes I have I might have to. I’m getting the rifle piller bedded in a Boyd’s stock. What’s been your most accurate handload recipe?

GOHUNT Insider

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ElknTrout
Back