MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Advice need on rifle cal and ammo selection for sheep hunt

Congrats on your ram! I killed my bighorn rams lower down in timbered country, but my Dall ram was in the high alpine tundra like where you killed your ram. I just love hunting in that country.
Yeah I’m already having withdrawals, I will be going back! Thank you. Congratulations on being a half slammer at least and your success on your rocky and dall

Yeah I’m already having withdrawals, I will be going back! Thank you. Congratulations on being a half slammer at least and your success on your rocky and dall
The 1980's were good to me. We could buy an OTC bighorn ram permit for Montana's Unlimited units every year for $25 and there wasn't a 7 year wait if you killed a ram. I got these bighorns, each for basically $25 and a tank of gas and less than 100 miles from my house, and all on DIY solo hunts. I got the Dall ram on a giuded backpack hunt in Canada's MacKenzie Mountains in 1999.
OpQv33il.jpg

Congratulations BradA,
Regardless of the circumstances, that first ram is very special.
I've been very fortunate with sheep tags and I was able to put the final ram of my SLAM on the wall, just this last week. (see attached pic)
I shot this one with a little 6.5 man bun. Sheep are not tough, but sheep hunting is.

I sense the sheep virus in you, and I'm sure there are more Ovis hunts in your future!
Well done.

Attachments

• IMG-0334.JPG
    IMG-0334.JPG
    161.1 KB · Views: 12
Congratulations BradA,
I've been very fortunate with sheep tags and I was able to put the final ram of my SLAM on the wall, just this last week. (see attached pic)
I shot this one with a little 6.5 man bun. Sheep are not tough, but sheep hunting is.

I sense the sheep virus in you, and I'm sure there are more Ovis hunts in your future!
Well done.
Congratulations for achieving what I hope to do one day. Oh yeah sheep hunts will be in my future every year if I can have it my way. Thank you that first one always seems to be the hardest to get you going. I already have a few irons in the fire to a future of sheep hunting.

Congratulations BradA,

Well done.
By the way great ram congratulations and an amazing mount love it! Seen that one the other day on there Instagram

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Sea Rover
Back