Use Promo Code Randy for 20% off OutdoorClass

Weatherby Mark V Hunter owners?

Might have some carbon/crap/brass shavings under the extractor??
Could be, but it happened since new. I will say the extractor is very stiff. I can push the bullet into the chamber and press the bolt into it and it wouldnt grip the cartridge unless i close the bolt.

I wanted one before I decided on a different rifle, but only because they don't offer us weirdo lefties an option
They do now. Adam announced it on last week's podcast, and they will technically introduce them on International Left Hander's Day, i.e. Aug 13th.

I was looking at getting one of the Mark V Hunters in 280AI.
The place i put one on order from never got one, so i canceled my order.
I've been seeing Hunters at other shops. Still no 280AI.

And the more i've handled the Hunter, the more i dislike the stock.
They have a square edge at the top of the wrist that cuts into the hand.

Got to looking.

After handling an Ultra Leightweight, i liked the stock & feel much better than the Hunter.
So of course Weatherby promptly discontinued them!

Found an Ultra Lieghtweight today. But in 6.5-300 Weatherby.
Receiver was marked California.
So $1,699 for going on what, a three year old rifle?

I’m a proud new owner of the backcountry 2.0ti in 280ai. Absolutely love it with one problem to date.

It seems to have so burrs in or around the locking lugs that are messing up my brass. Anyone had the same issue? At $2 a brass it’s more than irritating, it might be cause to send it back to weatherby to get worked on.

Anyone with similar issues, difficulty feeding, brass gouged up?

5 shot group post cleaning, 150gr Barnes TTSX, 53gr RL 17, ~2850FPS, 20 degrees F

Attachments

• E2246DCF-8837-4290-92D5-7547AE9156D8.jpeg
    E2246DCF-8837-4290-92D5-7547AE9156D8.jpeg
    1.6 MB · Views: 17
Do you know what kind of recoil pad is on the hunters? I want to get a 280ai and looking at the hunter and backcountry but I am afraid the backcountry is almost TOO light and coupled with the doubled price and Weatherby’s own advice not to store it standing on the hex recoil pad I might lean towards the hunter. Most likely will put a can on it either way.

Do you know what kind of recoil pad is on the hunters? I want to get a 280ai and looking at the hunter and backcountry but I am afraid the backcountry is almost TOO light and coupled with the doubled price and Weatherby’s own advice not to store it standing on the hex recoil pad I might lean towards the hunter. Most likely will put a can on it either way.
I’ll tell ya, a lightweight 280 AI isn’t too big of a deal as long as the recoil pad is good and the stock is built right. I have a 7 1/2 pound scoped 280ai that feels like a 7mm-08 because the recoil pad is superb.

Ollin Magnetic Digiscoping Systems

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Uncle_Danno
Back