MTNTOUGH - Use promo code RANDY for 30 days free

Wear Your Bleepin Seatbelt!

I think the thing we pay way less attention to is all the gear in the car. Not properly secured, it can easily become deadly projectiles in a bad crash.

Last edited:
I was the first on scene to one of my best friends wrecks. He rolled 7 times without his seatbelt on and was 131’ in front of his vehicle. My wife found him and he was so beat up I couldn’t identify him except for his tattoo. That was 5 years ago and he is still messed up to this day. Bad TBI, broken legs, ribs, both collarbones, and knocked out most of his teeth. He survived but can’t do anything without his parents help. I’ve always worn a seatbelt, but that was enough for me to never have to think twice about it.

Personally I don’t operate my horseless carriage without a full face shoei helmet and hans device.
I would also like to see motorcycles and horses made illegal.
I mean, it’s a good idea to wear one, but it’s no one else’s business if I don’t have mine on.

I have always wore mine and feel strange when sitting in a vehicle without it on.
Yearly roll over training with the army drove it in even further. Nothing like being tossed around in a HMMV with 4 other guys, weapons, fire extinguisher and ammo cans
Perhaps someone could turn that into an interesting carnival ride? :)

Personally I don’t operate my horseless carriage without a full face shoei helmet and hans device.
I would also like to see motorcycles and horses made illegal.
I mean, it’s a good idea to wear one, but it’s no one else’s business if I don’t have mine on.
That's fine if you drive uninsured. It's my business if my premiums cost more because of your stupidity. Thumbs up to mandatory seatbelt laws!

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the accidents were caused by cell phone use. Seatbelts help but it takes driver COMPLETE ATTENSION.

That's fine if you drive uninsured. It's my business if I my premiums cost more because of your stupidity. Thumbs up to mandatory seatbelt laws!
Giving up your freedoms and giving storm troopers the right to pull you over and steal your freedom coupons for not having your cloth strap over your shoulder whilst operating your horseless carriage could save you 10% on your car insurance!
Gives them a great excuse to hassle poc’s as well!

Last edited:
I wonder how many of the accidents were caused by cell phone use. Seatbelts help but it takes driver COMPLETE ATTENSION.
That's why it's against the law ... everywhere I drive anyway. Texting got my wife killed ... and no she was not driving.

A long time ago, I took a defensive driving class on a closed course. It was everything you wanted to do to a vehicle and not have to worry about paying for the damage (steering realignment or brakes). One of the biggest take away was wearing your seatbelt.

When your operating a moving vehicle and you start to get tossed this way and that … the seat belt keeps you in your seat and this allows you to still operate the vehicle's steering and brakes. Otherwise, there is a good chance you're going to be over in the passenger's side wishing your were still in the drivers seat, so you could operate the vehicle.

Yup. It is just a habit. No seatbelt on an occupant means no go if I am driving.

A little off topic but there are still people that refuse to wear a safety harness when hunting out of climbing and hang on stands as well. That is silly as well IMO.

I wear mine all the time. Several years ago after packing out a couple of bucks I rolled my truck down a mountainside and into the bottom of a canyon late at night. We were on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and only driving about 15mph. the washboards caught my trailer and pulled it off, pulling my truck down with it. Usually in instances like that nobody wears their seatbelt but mine was on just to keep the truck from dinging at me. After the first roll i still had my bearings and noticed my girlfriend was stuck on the roof (not wearing a belt) I grabbed her and pinned her against the console of the truck and held her the remaining 5-6 rolls. The cab crushed around us. My buddy was ejected out of the back window when we slammed into a juniper tree that stopped us. By the grace of god, the trailer detached after the first roll (still not sure how it happened as the safety chains were securely attached) or it would have likely been worse. All 3 of escaped without serious injury but if i hadn't been wearing my seatbelt i'm about 99% sure that her and myself would not be alive today. Wear your seatbelts people, even when you are in a situation where you don't think you'll need it.
IMG_3709.JPGIMG_3729.JPG

Do you just want to argue? Or do you have a point? Yes, people are going to break the law. No one is going to deny that, but seatbelts save lives and it’s an easy step to take. It’s pretty simple really.
Well I am NOT arguing I was answering an earlier statement that said That there is a law to wear seatbelts !

I wear mine all the time. Several years ago after packing out a couple of bucks I rolled my truck down a mountainside and into the bottom of a canyon late at night. We were on a dirt road in the middle of nowhere and only driving about 15mph. the washboards caught my trailer and pulled it off, pulling my truck down with it. Usually in instances like that nobody wears their seatbelt but mine was on just to keep the truck from dinging at me. After the first roll i still had my bearings and noticed my girlfriend was stuck on the roof (not wearing a belt) I grabbed her and pinned her against the console of the truck and held her the remaining 5-6 rolls. The cab crushed around us. My buddy was ejected out of the back window when we slammed into a juniper tree that stopped us. By the grace of god, the trailer detached after the first roll (still not sure how it happened as the safety chains were securely attached) or it would have likely been worse. All 3 of escaped without serious injury but if i hadn't been wearing my seatbelt i'm about 99% sure that her and myself would not be alive today. Wear your seatbelts people, even when you are in a situation where you don't think you'll need it.
View attachment 167251View attachment 167252
Amazing how clear headed we can be when loved ones are in danger. You deserve a medal. Trailers without shocks can certainly get a life of their own on rough roads, especially if they're empty. Harmonic motion is a bitch.

Seatbelts truly do save lives I've seen countless accidents were I can safely say I think those folks wouldn't be here today if it wasn't for safety belts. Saw one passenger car cut in half once right behind the front seats. I was looking for body parts as I pulled up. The driver was sitting in the driver's seat buckled up with a broke collar bone. Couldn't believe it!

Caribou Gear

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Wyohandscold
Back