Water in my swaro

Sure sounds like it. If the failure is on swaros end they will cover it. But if you did something to screw it up you’ll end up paying repairs as their product didn’t fail you. The individual who owned it was careless and didn’t take care of his shit and should be expected to pay for their carelessness.
Sure would be nice to know that should you drop your rifle or accidentally tip your spotter over and the glass cracked or worse that you wouldn't be out thousands of dollars wouldn't it? Maybe it's just me, but I have insurance on things like my truck, and boat. Just because things happen. I don't plan on crashing, or don't plan on someone running into my boat. Shit happens though right? So to buy something that comes with a warranty that's better than insurance seems logical to me.

It's been a while but they went above and beyond on a pair of SLC with a compromised tube that I had zero provenance for. Shipping was all it cost...came back like new. Call em...

Sure would be nice to know that should you drop your rifle or accidentally tip your spotter over and the glass cracked or worse that you wouldn't be out thousands of dollars wouldn't it? Maybe it's just me, but I have insurance on things like my truck, and boat. Just because things happen. I don't plan on crashing, or don't plan on someone running into my boat. Shit happens though right? So to buy something that comes with a warranty that's better than insurance seems logical to me.
I understand your point, but what I’m getting at is these companies should not have to foot the bill because the consumer doesn’t take care of their stuff. Yes if the product fails because of an issue not caused by consumer by all means it should be covered by them. On the other hand for example if one is lazy and drops their iPhone in the toilet and quits working it’s not apples fault the person dropped it in there.

I will say I’ve only ever had to pay for shipping and they like stated before have gone above and beyond what they needed too.

The difference in the glass quality alone makes it worth it to me. Swarovski still has great customer service, even if it’s not as unconditional as Vortex. I’m not knocking Vortex, but the products themselves are in a completely different class and you pay for that warranty when you buy the product. I’d rather put that money towards better quality glass, just my opinion.

Everyone talks crap on Vortex... It would be an easy fix if it was a vortex, send it in, doesn't matter how you ended up with it, it'll get fixed or replaced. Just sayin'.

That being said does swaro not have a lifetime warranty???

Swarovski has excellent customer service and has always taken care of me and all my buddies. We hunt in dry dusty conditions and send them in regularly for cleanings and always look brand new on return. Last time I sent in my SLC they even replaced all the armor on the outside for free.

That being said they have in place their own security/theft program. Only the registered owner can send in the product. If any Swarovski product is ever stolen you can report it to them and they note it in their system. If it’s ever sent in they will contact you and I’ve heard of people getting their products back.
Anytime you are buying a Swarovski product be sure to get the serial number and call them. Also have the seller call in and notify them they are selling the item and to remove their name so you can register it in your name. It’s a simple phone call and I’ve done it a few times now.

Sure sounds like it. If the failure is on swaros end they will cover it. But if you did something to screw it up you’ll end up paying repairs as their product didn’t fail you. The individual who owned it was careless and didn’t take care of his shit and should be expected to pay for their carelessness.

That also depends on what’s damaged. Swarovski repaired my buddies damaged binos for free and it was his fault.

The difference in the glass quality alone makes it worth it to me. Swarovski still has great customer service, even if it’s not as unconditional as Vortex. I’m not knocking Vortex, but the products themselves are in a completely different class and you pay for that warranty when you buy the product. I’d rather put that money towards better quality glass, just my opinion.
To me, vortex has hit the point of maximum yield when it comes to the law of diminishing returns. I think that accompanied by their warranty is why they're doing as good as they are.

Everyone talks crap on Vortex... It would be an easy fix if it was a vortex, send it in, doesn't matter how you ended up with it, it'll get fixed or replaced. Just sayin'.

That being said does swaro not have a lifetime warranty???
👆, yep. Give it an hour. You will be told very soon why we vortex owners are foolish people wasting our money on garbage. Wish I had Vegas odds, I'd win and still buy Vortex!!!🤣🤣

I bought a used pair of SLC binos. The focus wheel was gritty, so I sent them in. A couple of months later, they were returned to me in like new condition at no cost to me. They fixed the focus wheel, replace the eye cups, cleaned the lenses and rubber. Was blown away.

Swaro customer service as far as communication and stuff like that has always left me with something to be desired, but they’ll fix your broken eye piece. I broke one on an STS80 by letting it get rattled to death by an Alaskan ATV ride while riding in my pack on the front rack. They didn’t charge for that.

They did charge for dropping my ELs on the pavement but it was only a few hundred bucks and I basically broke half the binocular.

How the hell did a repair thread for Swarovski turn into a Vortex thread? Good Lord, are people so insecure about what they are buying? Go hunting
The Vortex Nation is strong man. mtmuley

I had this exact issue a few years back and Swarovski took care of mine at zero cost to me other than shipping it there. The previous owner deal isn’t a problem as long as you know who the previous owner is and Swarovski can get in touch with them to verify the sale.
Long story short, bought a used swaro HD spotting scope this summer used it a few times in the yard. Took it out west mule deer hunting. When I went to look through it today looks like water vapor in the eye piece. Not alot as if someone took one of those lens cleaner l wet wipes and did a swipe. It's not external spots. It's been stored in a hard case ever since I bought it in my house. I did buy an optics planet canvas case for it. Anyone ever have a similar issue? The clarity is still 95% but more annoying than anything. Didn't know if the old rice trick would work. Lastly anyone ever have issues switching the warranty over I have been at a standstill getting it switched.

Thanks everyone!! got off the phone with customer service they are starting the warranty transfer today. They also will be covering the issue with the eye piece. He suspected it being the lubricant in the eye piece is what i am seeing and not water. Super easy and very friendly people over there. At most it will be 30 days and the warranty will be in my name.

Back